8 Topics I Hope Rick And Morty Season 3 Will Cover

Along with a few questions

362
wallup,net

I'm a huge Rick and Morty fan. I love the characters, dark humor, and overall creativity of the show. There are plenty of reasons to love the show, but I mainly love Rick and Morty for those reasons.

With Season 3 on the way (after a huge scare of fake news about Rick and Morty's ending and a new trailer), I decided to compile a list of questions/topics that I hope the upcoming season will answer or at least jab a little at. These aren't in a particular order.

**WARNING: Spoilers ahead on Season 1, Season 2, and the first episode of Season 3 of Rick and Morty!!! Look away if you do not want to be spoiled**

1. Rick's Past

This one is kind of a no brainer. After seeing Rick's fake memory in the first episode of season 3, it just made me even more curious about Rick.

Is he from the C-137 universe? How did he invent the portal gun? Why does he drink so much (okay this one can be answered a bit)?

2. Evil Morty

Evil Morty, aka Eyepatch Morty, was briefly in the episode of Close Rick-counters of the Rick Kind. In the episode, he was the Morty of the Evil Rick, but we find out at the end of the episode that Evil Morty was in charge the whole time. He hasn't been mentioned since.

Who is Evil Morty? Where is he? Why is he so spiteful towards "C-137" Rick (quotation of C-137 because we're not sure if Rick is even from that universe)?

3. Phoenix Person

Bird Person was a close friend of Rick Sanchez who was murdered at his own wedding by his secret agent wife, Tammy. However, at the end of episode 1 of Season 3, we find out that Bird Person has turned into Phoenix Person--like some kind of Darth Vader twist, programmed to work for the Galactic Federation.

When does Rick find out? How will Rick react? How will a fight between Phoenix Person and Rick play out?

4. Mr. Poopybutthole

Mr. Poopybutthole is a beloved character and person(?) by fans and Rick and his family as seen in Season two's episode Total Rickall. He was briefly there at the season finale of Season 2 but hasn't been around since then.

Where is Mr.Poopybutthole? Is he okay? Will Beth and him talk?

5. Jerry

Love him, hate him--Jerry is our go to coward in the Rick and Morty universe. He runs away from fear most of the time and truly dislikes, even hates, Rick and Beth's attachment towards her father. In the end of the first episode of Season 3, Beth briefly takes a break from her relationship with Jerry.

How is Jerry? Does he still live in the household? Did he get to keep his R2D2 quarters?

6. Beth

Beth split up with Jerry, and it seems that she is going to try to figure things out. Also, looking at the trailer, she's going to be more involved in Rick and Morty's adventures.

How is she doing? Does she still have an alcohol problem?

7. Beth's Mother

Beth's mother and, you could say, Rick's former lover has only been mentioned and "seen" in the fake memory Rick provided. Other than that, we know she's dead/not present in the C-137 universe. Little is really known about her. I couldn't even find a gif of her.

Who was/is she? How did she and Rick meet? How did she look? How was she like? What happened to her?

8. Council of Rick and Galactic Federation

In Season 3 episode 1, the Council of Rick along with the Galactic Federation seemed to be destroyed. However, since Phoenix Person is a thing, the Galactic Federation is still out there, so the Council of Ricks should be too.

Who is left from both governments? How will they rebuild? Will they call a truce and try to get Rick?

I'm aware that not all my questions are not going to be answered. Some of these topics could be covered in later seasons. However, I still look forward to Rick and Morty because it's still a very innovative and creative show.

Now, let us wait until July 30th where new episodes of the beloved show will air!

Wubba lubba dub dub!