For everyone that watches Parks and Rec - which should be the population of the planet, but apparently that's "bias" - we all know Leslie Knope is one of the best characters ever written. That entire show was honestly so well written I sometimes lose sleep over it. But that's for another day.
Here are 8 times Leslie Knope was all of us.
1. When you need affirmation that everything is going to be okay.
[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F03%2F18%2F636253937008970613130403590_leslie-knope-textme.gif%3Fw%3D650&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=538&h=78c934a708e208858c96e5a4f732208fe627a2bc960e05e1f7c3ee571c1e9b6a&size=980x&c=2738963738 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2017%252F03%252F18%252F636253937008970613130403590_leslie-knope-textme.gif%253Fw%253D650%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D538%26h%3D78c934a708e208858c96e5a4f732208fe627a2bc960e05e1f7c3ee571c1e9b6a%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2738963738%22%7D" expand=1]
We all lose our marbles from time to time, but Leslie sums up being worried about literally anything, perfectly.
2. When you wake up the morning after you go out and you can't remember a thing
We have ALL said this, probably more than once. And we will say it again.
3. When you really want to change your diet, but like, cookies.
[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F03%2F18%2F636254461277233646305864342_leslie-knope-salad.gif%3Fw%3D650&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=748&h=ffd3c9c8f591ebfaf1c3f9da0bfe9c2cd2aaeff6fbf98e0dc4c8a7a1c373c5c9&size=980x&c=2024095051 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2017%252F03%252F18%252F636254461277233646305864342_leslie-knope-salad.gif%253Fw%253D650%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D748%26h%3Dffd3c9c8f591ebfaf1c3f9da0bfe9c2cd2aaeff6fbf98e0dc4c8a7a1c373c5c9%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2024095051%22%7D" expand=1]
Leslie said it best; healthy foods are disgusting and make you sad. Okay, maybe not sad, but cake was invented for a reason!
4. When you're trying really hard not lose your cool, but you are being tested
Growing up we were taught never to poke an angry bear....just saying.
5. When all the cool kids start talking about cool things they did while you sat in your room and read
No shame here, I got to go to Hogwarts while the other kids made friends and memories. Who's the real winner here?
6. When you have a mid-life crisis every week and try to pretend anxiety isn't a thing
Pancakes sound great!
7. When you start catching feelings for someone
I say avoid this one altogether! But at least Leslie knows how we feel.
Last, but definitely not least....
8. When you have some bad days, but you know you're capable of anything you set your mind to.
Leslie Knope will always be here to help us through the ups and downs and thank goodness for that! Here's to friends, waffles, work and being the the best Leslie Knope's we can be.