8 College Things You'll Only Ever See In College

Overly friendly squirrels.

185
Disney Pixar

College campuses can be a very interesting place to walk around sometimes. From students wearing dinosaur costumes as they skateboard around campus or a group of students hitting a taco piñata right smack dab in the middle of campus... I've seen it all. As my first semester at college ever comes to a close I've come to some conclusions. There are just some things on campuses that you don't see anywhere else.

Here's a list of those things.

1. Overly friendly squirrels

Squirrels who spend their time on a college campus are like no other. They're so used to being around human beings that they don't care if they run dangerously close in front of you while you're on your way to class.

2. People napping just about anywhere

College and sleep deprivation go hand in hand. Naps are essential sometimes just to get through the day. That 10- or 15-minute nap taken right before class can make a world of a difference.

3. People dressed in random costumes at any given time

In the middle of September, I saw two dinosaurs casually skateboarding around campus. Nothing to see here.

4. Sexy costumes for Halloween that wouldn't be made sexy anywhere else

Everybody wants a unique Halloween costume that they know nobody else will have. Sometimes that creates for some interesting costumes you'll see on Halloween weekend.

5. Students wearing pajamas in class

I've never actually worn pajamas in class, but that doesn't mean that other people don't. In high school it was against dress code to be wearing pajama pants outside of your bed. In college there's no dress code, meaning wear all the pajamas you want.

6. People procrastinating like there's no tomorrow

I can't tell you how many times I've had a conversation with someone just to find out that they've put off a six-page paper that's do in two hours until now.

7. People drinking coffee at times they should be asleep

I never thought that I'd be drinking coffee at 11 p.m. just to get through a long night of work ahead of me. When you have a crap ton of stuff to get done before 9 or 10 a.m. coffee is essential to help you through the night.

8. People doing a whole semester's worth of laundry in one cycle

Sometimes I go into the laundry room to see a guy throwing everything he owns into a washing machine and discovering that it's not all going to fit in there.