8 Things You Know If You Have A Siamese Cat

673
wallup

Almost two months ago, we obtained a siamese cat from my Aunt and of course, I was at school for a few weeks so I did not get a chance to bond with this cat at the time. Now that I have had a chance to learn and bond with our cat, Pocahontas or Pokey, here are a few things I found out about siamese cats:

1. They meow a lot: This is no joke. I always thought at first she was meowing because she wanted something but that is not always the case. She meows at all times of the day. I had to learn to ignore it if I was to get sleep.

2. They only purr when they want to let you know they are happy: Either I or one other of my family members will be holding Pokey and petting her or scratching her. Its obvious that she likes it but she does not purr. The only times I have heard her purr is when she is with me and I am petting her before I go to sleep.

3. Playtime can get rough: When Pokey wants to play, she wants to play very roughly. She will grab my arm and bite it. Along with biting is scratching so basically my arm has turned into a scratching post. Because of Pokey, I bet there are people wondering if I have cut myself when really, it's just my cat.

4. Playtime is at inconvenient times: It always seems to be right when I am trying to go to sleep or right when I wake up.

5. They hide from things they do not like: So, we have three indoor dogs and Pokey does not like them. She will hide and we will not know where she is until she meows but she will stop meowing if one of the dogs are close to her.

6. They like to have another cat around: For a while, we did have another cat that stayed indoors with Pokey but this cat liked to jump on tables when we were working on them and open and slam shut cabinet doors, so we put it outside. Pokey does try and search for the other cat but obviously she cannot find her.

7. They do have the ability to say words: Granted, the only time that has happened is when she said 'momma' right before she got sick.

8. They are beautiful cats: From all the little annoying things that she does, Pokey is such a beautiful cat. I love to look at the detail and coloring of her fur.

Having a siamese cat is not always fun but I would never trade out Pokey for any other cat in the world.