8 Things You Can Do To Be A Happier Person

Because everyone loves being happy.

30

1. The first thing you have to do in the morning is to drink a cup of water.

I'm not saying it's a chugging competition and you have to drink a gallon- all I'm saying is that it's important to stay hydrated. You'll never have the problem of dry mouth in the morning if you have a cup of water by your bedside. Plus, water is life, water is good, the more the merrier. It's also a positive change to your morning routine.

2. Pick up a book!

Get lost in another world. Sometimes life is just a lot to handle, change that up by reading about someone else's life. There really is a book out there for everyone. If you don't like reading you can also pick up a comic book. Leisurely read all about your favorite superheroes. You can even get an Audio book if you are completely against the idea of reading. Every book holds a story just waiting to shared.

3. Take a walk!

There's no denying that a healthy mind is a happy mind. Taking a daily walk around your neighborhood can help contribute towards the 30 minutes of exercise you should be getting everyday. But don't worry, you can start a healthier path by taking small steps...literally. You'll also be getting more sunlight. Think about the awesome tan you're going to get! Not to mention all of the Vitamin D you're going to get from just being outside.

4. Take a vanity break.

You need to be reminded how great of a person you are- and sometimes that person has to be you. Don't be shy and try looking at yourself through other people's eyes. You are beautiful, you are worth it and you deserve it all- and then some. Sometimes, we get stuck making sure we keep on the schedule that we forget to take the time to remind ourselves that we are doing a good job. You need to take the time to admire the skin you're in and shine bright. You are the only Tennessee. Ten I see ;). Boost your self-esteem, build that smile you so rightfully deserve!

5. Don't take yourself too seriously!

Let yourself make mistakes. Put yourself out there and stop letting superficial standards hold you down. Stop holding yourself back because you're scared of what others might say. Frankly, if they have time to talk about you, they need more activities to fill up their day. Be silly, no one wants to be a cranky old man at 22-years-old. Take a joke, and don't be so uptight. You're already great, don't let negative thoughts keep you in a negative spot.

6. It's okay to ugly cry.

Sometimes you work as hard as you can and are still not good enough. When that happens all you need to do its let it all out. What is meant for you will happen for you, so don't dwell on failure. Rejection is just a chance to grow. Failure also makes you work harder to accomplish your other goals. Don't bottle up your feelings! Let's those tears run. Did you know that only humans and elephants cry in order to show emotions, so it's our species' duty to be cry babies.

7. You work hard. Treat yourself!

You can always take something positive from every experience. Don't pity yourself, SPOIL yourself. There is nothing sushi can't fix, home, treat yourself. Or you can watch Netflix and devour a whole tub of ice cream. you are the best and deserve the best. You deserve the finer things in life–so work hard and get them. You can do it, superstar!

8. Get happier by getting your beauty sleep!

Relax all your worries away and plan ahead for tomorrow. There's nothing wrong with making sure you're well rested. Your best work will come after your mind has had time to take a break. The early bird gets the worm so set an early bed time. If you can't do that take a nap during the day to refresh, there's nothing that's too important that can't wait until after your nap.