8 Things I Want My Future Kids To Know

8 Things I Want My Future Kids To Know

Being raised by two imperfectly perfect parents, I feel pretty confident in this list.

194
8 Things I Want My Future Kids To Know

I've always loved kids and have always wanted my own someday. The right time is nowhere anytime soon, but I have compiled a list of things that at 20 years old I want my future children to know. Being raised by 2 perfectly imperfect parents, I am pretty confident in this list.

1. The world is a mean place

Yeah, the world can be a mean and tough place. Life will knock you down, but it's always important to get back up and fight back.

2. ...But there is still good in it

Life may be messy, but it is beautiful. Look for the good in the world in the little things, and leave your mark on it.

3. Work hard, play hard

Working hard allows for a lot more freedom and some more fun when you play your cards right.

4. Never forget your blessings

It's very easy to focus on the bad during the hard times and the good during the good times. Always stay humble, and never forget where you come from and all of the blessings you have in your life.

5. I am not perfect

As my mom always says, we as parents do the best we can with the tools we have. I will try and do my best, but I am also human and make mistakes.

6. Good friends and good family are the keys to a good support system

You will need a good support system when shit hits the fan. I never want you to ever HAVE to rely on a support system, but if you do, never turn your back on people.

7. We come from a long line of very resilient women

My mom, my grandmas, my great grandmas are all strong as hell women who would go to war and back for you.

8. God doesn't make mistakes

Loving and accepting yourself for who you are can be very difficult; trust me, I know. But, God doesn't make mistakes, especially when it comes to you. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Love,

Your mom