7 Things To Thank My High School Best Friends For

Maybe our girl friends are our soul mates, and guys are just people to have fun with.

520
Megan Beavers Photography

“Maybe our girl friends are our soul mates, and guys are just people to have fun with.”

I know that is a cliché phrase people use all the time, but it never felt more true than the last semester of my senior year of high school. I didn’t realize what I had until it was about to be over. (and now that I’m in college I see it even more.) My group of girls was one of a kind. I’ve never met a group of more talented, loving, kind, determined and beautiful individuals. Our group was so different that is was dynamic. I think you girls filled in my gaps. I know high school would not have been as great without you guys, and for that I have seven reasons to say thank you.

1. Thank you for being you.

Thanks for each being the person you were meant to be so I could have amazing best friends. Thanks for not being normal or “cool” all the time and just being yourself. I needed you guys to find my place. Each of you was unique and special, and it made a huge impact on my life.

2. Thank you for challenging me.

You guys rocked at that. I always had to give my 110 percent to keep up. That pushed me to be better in every aspect of life. I have never been around so many talented girls at one time who use it to make each other better. I know you guys are going to change the world someday.

3.Thank you for loving me.

All of your love and open arms was what I needed in the hard times. Knowing that I had people to count on made life seem a little easier. I was able to be who I wanted by knowing you guys loved me no matter what

4. Thank you for the adventures.

There’s no one else I would have rather laughed until I cried with, or stayed out late and put our genius plans to action with. I'm grateful someone was always up for milkshakes, long car rides, and singing at the top of our lungs. Or on bad days, to bury a body with me, or to tell me that I was crazy and chocolate would heal me instead. I’m grateful for the adventures that made me feel alive and life feel spectacular. Just being with you guys made everything more fun. Whether it was just dreaming about the future or playing pranks on our guy friends, my favorite memories are with y'all.

5. Thank you for the quirks.

I learned so much about things I would have never known before. Presidents? Folk music? Musicals? Sewing? Nutrition? Art? Soccer? Poetry? Hiking? Camping? Cooking? Animals? History? Each of you brought something unique to the table that added some sparkle to my life. Everyone had something that was “their thing” that made each of us appreciate them more.

6. Thank you for your passions.

All of you had passions that made me more passionate. I was so inspired by you guys to pursue my own dreams and goals. I love seeing everyone accomplishing them now, and knowing that no matter what, you have my back. And all those things that y'all loved and cared about become things I loved and cared about. Now I have so much in my life I care about and am willing to fight for.

7. Thank you for the lessons you taught me.

Thank you all for the lessons you taught me. From you guys I learned loyalty, love, true friendship, accountability and perseverance. I learned about dealing with hardships and coming out on the other side. I learned about never giving up on the people you love. I learned to love life and live it to the fullest. I learned to be myself. I learned to be kind, even when others aren’t kind back. I learned happiness isn’t getting everything you want or deserve, but being surrounded by the people you love.

You girls are the best thing that ever happened to me. I’ve never loved anyone as much as I loved you. Thank you for being what got me through high school. I don’t know what I would have done without you guys. I have never met a group of people who build me up so much. You guys made me the person I wanted to be.

I love you forever.