8 Things To Stop Putting up With In 2018

The longer you sacrifice what you want for the comfort of others, the more you lose yourself.

306
jordan jewell

I've always been a bit of a pushover. I can be tough and independent when I want to be, but who doesn't like to be the reason people are smiling? It's cute and easy being the "nice girl". You put up with everyone else's crap to avoid making others unhappy or uncomfortable. You put your needs in the backseat and allow the people in your life to take the front seat. But the longer you sacrifice what you want for the comfort of others the more you lose yourself.

1) Situations that make you uncomfortable.

You don't have to go on a date with that creepy guy who can't take a hint. You don't have to go to that party you're dreading. Find situations that will make you uncomfortable in a good way. Take a public speaking course or introduce yourself to someone new. Avoid the situations that you know aren't going to bring you joy.

2) Friends who don't stick up for you.

If your friends don't have your back then why are they your friends? The whole point of friendship is unconditional love and acceptance so why are you dealing with someone who doesn't even consider defending you.

3) Guys who can't take a hint.

If you don't want to talk to him, block him. It sounds extreme but just do it. Some people will try everything to get to you and if you have no interest then what's the point? If he asks you to hang out, don't make up some elaborate excuse, just say no.

4) People that are obviously using you.

If they only hit you up when they're having a crisis, stop replying. You're not a genie and you have zero power when it comes to fixing their problems. Some people don't want help, they just want attention. Stick to the friends who can complain and send you funny meme's that remind them of you all in the course of an hour.

5) The idea of sharing the spotlight.

This is going to sound selfish so just hear me out. If you are constantly dulling your shine so that someone else can have attention, it's time to reevaluate. You deserve all of the love and light in the world and that's because you're unique. Let people see the real you and stop silencing yourself for the convenience of others.

6) Flakes.

Everyone's busy and I totally get that. If you cancel the day before we are supposed to do something, no biggie. If we have plans at night and you cancel in the morning, fine. But if we are doing something at 5 and you cancel at 4:30 without a really compelling excuse, I don't get it. Stick with people who value your time and energy.

7) People who don't support your dreams.

If they are constantly putting you down and making you feel like you can't do anything right, then what the heck?? Why are you friends with this person? Why are you dating this person? Surround yourself with positivity and love and watch how quickly you begin to accomplish your dreams.

These ideas might seem self-explanatory to some people. If you're reading this and thinking about how obvious it is that you shouldn't put yourself in these situations then congrats, you're not a pushover. But if you're reading this and realizing that you deal with any or all of these ideas, it's time to save yourself. You're full of value and deserving of great things.