8 Things Only People That Are Perpetually Cold Will Understand.

The frozen toes, the electricity bill, the layers - it's all too much.

49
Buzzfeed

While everyone was celebrating the beginning of sweater weather and pulling their ugg boots out of the closet, I was silently mourning the end of warm weather and my ability to feel my toes. I often joke that I am allergic to the cold, and my friends thinks I’m cold blooded, but there are just some things that only those that are perpetually cold will understand.

1. How chunky you look with 11 layers of clothing on.

2. Having to plan ahead to ensure you bring enough layers for whatever the weather throws at you.

3. The wonderful feeling of scalding hot showers and lava hot drinks.

4. The struggle of wanting to heat the house or apartment to 80 without blowing your electricity bill.

5. Balancing your desire to look cute, with you desire to turn into a literal marshmallow by wearing every single piece of warm clothing you own.

6. The excruciating torture of always having cold hands and feet.

7. Why it is vital for your health to sleep in sweaters and sweatpants.

8. The six-month wait for summer.