8 Things To Do On Sunday Mornings In The South, Besides Church

Worship Nick Saban instead?

594
Bella Thoren
DISCLAIMER: Before I even begin, in no way is this a discussion of religion! I am not supporting NOT going to church, not believing in any one religion, etc.

* * *

Attending church on Sunday mornings is a big part of Christian culture. In the South, this is especially true. So what do you do if you don't go to church — either ever, or just that particular Sunday morning? Well, here are the best things that I have come up with in my three years in the Bible Belt.

1. Sleep

This is my go-to option, and 10/10 would recommend honestly. College is hard. Sleep is good. It's never a bad idea to get a few extra hours in and then meet up with friends when they're done with morning services. Everyone gets to do what they want to do - and then everyone gets to eat brunch.

2. Go to the movies

First of all, matinées are cheap to begin with. Couple it with no lines and your choice of seats and you've found a place to be for a few hours.

3. Clean

Catch up on cleaning, laundry, self-organization — whatever you've been putting off all week. Get your life together before noon on a Sunday and you'll have the rest of the day to feel successful and motivated. Or you just won't have to worry about tripping on something in the middle of the floor.

4. Brunch... with NO wait

This is a personal favorite. Brunch lines are crazy because Sunday brunch is always a good option. So I am a fan of going to a restaurant a little earlier than I normally would, but not having to wait in line. Plus, you're out of the way by the time everyone coming from church arrives.

5. Not waiting in lines in general

If you need to go somewhere where there is normally a wait, or you want to do your grocery shopping in peace, Sunday morning is the time to go.

6. Work

Be productive. Get stuff done. Have the rest of the day to do fun things, even if there are a few more lines to wait in.

7. Worship Nick Saban — in your own way

I think any Alabama fan can agree to this one without getting into any religious debates. You don't have to do it in the traditional way, just find a way where you are able to thank this blessing of a man.

8. Go to a café and hear your own thoughts

Sometimes there's just nothing better than sitting with coffee in a comfy chair and having some quiet time with yourself. There's no better time to try than on a Sunday morning when you've got the place to yourself.