8 Things You Encounter When Going to a Tanning Salon

18

It has happened to all of us: you wake up on a seemingly dull day and decide that your skin tone is far too pale and not up to your standards. At this point, you decide to attend your local tanning salon in hopes of burning away your pasty façade.

No matter who you are, or how many tanning packages you have purchased, there are a few key events that you will face just about every time you attend a tanning salon.

1. The unavoidable detest each employee feels about your attending the salon. No one is happy you have decided to bronze your body on this melancholy day. No matter how pumped you are about the experience, your enthusiasm will not be reciprocated.      

2. The haunting aroma of the spray tanner.  It is still unclear how the employees mask the smell of the booth in the lobby, but as soon as one begins to walk down the same hallway that the Versa Spa is located, you are overwhelmed with the smell of bronzer.    

3. You will be peer pressured into buying your fifth bottle of lotion.  The lotion smells amazing and really does wonders for your skin. However, after you put your fifth unopened bottle on your shelves at home, then maybe it is time to lay down the law.    

4. The mint in your room will be MIA.  You’ve probably really been looking forward to that mint. Maybe that mint is the only reason you came tanning in the first place.    

5. If you have a person spray you, no conversation will be comfortable.  “That’s a weird place for a freckle.”

6. There’s always a girl coming from her work out.  You hate her.      

7. You use a ridiculous amount of towels.  You aren’t even positive why you need the towels in the first place, but you will utilize at least three of them before you leave the store.    

8. There are no lines when it is time for you to leave.  Sure, when you got there you had to wait thirty minutes just to do your thumb print, but now as you depart, the place is a ghost town.    

Tanning salons are a gift and you will never once leave disappointed, but be mentally and physically prepared for the routine events you will encounter upon each visit.