8 Things To Do During a Weekend Alone

8 Things To Do During a Weekend Alone

I promise, eating alone in public isn't as scary as it seems.
1198

As exciting as college life can be on the weekends, sometimes you find yourself not knowing what to do with your two days of freedom. Maybe your friends are visiting home or going out of town. Maybe you just need a weekend to yourself. Either way, finding things to occupy your time can often be a challenge. Here are 8 things to do on a weekend alone.

1. Take a bath

Draw up some hot water, drop in your favorite bath bomb, and just relax. Maybe blast some music, read a book, or even attempt to watch your favorite Netflix series on your phone (proceed with caution). Baths are a great way to unwind and spend a little time with just yourself.

2. Go for a drive

It can be long, it can be short. Some alone time in the car is always a good way to spend some time with yourself. Blast the radio, belt out those lyrics you think you have memorized, roll down the windows, and just enjoy yourself. Maybe even explore a destination you've never explored before?

3. Go out to eat

It may sound scary at first, but there's a certain joy to eating your favorite meal all by yourself. There's no one there to judge for ordering a glass of wine and dessert. It also makes for a great time of people watching.

4. Go to a movie

You don't have to argue with four other people what movie to see; go alone and see whatever you want! You don't have to share your popcorn or drink with anyone other than yourself. Besides, it's much easier to find a seat for just one person.

5. Go shopping

There's nothing like spending a day with just you, your credit card, and all of the mall before you. It's therapeutic almost to spend the day looking at stuff you like, rather than what everyone else likes. You don't even have to buy anything, because sometimes browsing and simply trying on clothes is where the fun is.

6. Binge on Netflix

Who doesn't love a good Netflix binge every once in a while? Sometimes nothing really beats lying in bed with a bowl of ramen and watching two seasons of Friends in one sitting. Lazy days are some of the best days, especially when you need some me time.

7. Catch up on homework

I know, it doesn't sound like fun, but you'll thank me later. Think you have all of your homework done for the week? Wrong. What about that term paper lingering in the distance? Or that presentation next month? It's never too early to get a head start on a big project. If anything, maybe it's time to just look over your notes.

8. Revisit an old hobby

Maybe you enjoy drawing, but college has kept you too busy to do it. Maybe you enjoy knitting or simply reading a good book. Do something you truly enjoy doing, and let it fill your weekend alone with joy.