8 Struggles People Trying to Eat Healthy in College Have

11
Google Images

College students and eating healthy just don't go well together. We're broke, we're eating cafeteria food seven days a week, and we're drinking way more than our fair share of calories every weekend. Sure, we say that we're going to eat healthier (no, really, this time we mean it, stop laughing), but it's a lot harder than it was in high school -- after all, the Freshman 15 exists for a reason.

1. Every group bribes you to come to their meetings with free pizza and/or candy.

Hello, it's free. Beggars can't be choosers.

2. You can't afford healthy food.

Four dollars for one container of organic grapes that'll last three days, or 24 packs of Ramen? No brainer.

3. Your meal swipe options are seriously limited.

Just about the only "healthy" thing that your cafeteria serves is wilted salad - and that gets pretty old pretty quick.

4. On-campus nutrition info is completely nonexistent.

So you thought that you'd try a food diary? Nice try. You can't even tell what it is that you're eating half the time, much less how many calories are in it.

5. You're always hungry.

You're young, stressed, and running across campus to work and class several times a day. Of course you're going to be hungry 24/7.

6. Cooking at your dorm is impossible.

Even if you know how to cook, no one else in your dorm seems to. The kitchen's coated with a constant layer of grime and burnt food thick enough to make any health inspector faint.

7. You just love food too much.

Sure, healthy food can be delicious - but not the kind that you can afford. You'll stick with your student-discount pizzas and Chinese takeout for now.

8. You don't really care enough to dedicate yourself, because you're #flawless anyways.

So what if you can't fit into your jeans from sophomore year of high school? You're still healthy and confident, so go ahead - you can eat organic, low-cal, and non-GMO when you've got a real salary.