8 Songs To Listen To If You Need Encouragement

Don't be so hard on yourself, no... 🎶🎶

121
Sound Reason

If you're a college student like me, you are probably in a constant state of stress. When my stress levels and anxiety are getting the best of me, listening to music always helps me feel somewhat better — especially these songs. They are all some of my favorite songs and always uplift me a little bit each time I hear them. I thought they would be perfect to share especially now with midterms creeping up on us.

1. "Stressed Out" by 21 Pilots

It's probably a given that this song would be at the top of this list. It's not exactly a positive song, but it's so relatable for most if not all of us that it's still great to listen to when you're...well...stressed out.

2. "Confident" by Demi Lovato

Another song that's obviously a perfect candidate for this list. I mean, the lyrics literally say, "What's wrong with being confident?" It's just so happy and upbeat that you can't help feeling empowered when you listen to it. The music video is pretty badass too.

3. "Vagabond" by MisterWives

You most likely haven't heard this song...or heard of the band MisterWives. They aren't very well-known, at least not yet, but I really love their music (and highly implore you to check it out). "Vagabond" is one of my favorite songs because it's just so positive and motivating. It reminds you that you can get through tough times.

4. "Don't Be So Hard on Yourself" by Jess Glynne

You probably know Jess Glynne as the featured singer in Clean Bandit's "Rather Be," but she actually has a whole bunch of her own songs out. They're all wonderful, especially this one, because it's about staying positive to yourself and trying not to stress out too much.

5. "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten

I'm sure there isn't anyone reading this who can't know this song. This one definitely sounds cliche, but it really is good for getting through difficult times. I temporarily feel happier every time I hear this song.

6. "Our Own House" by MisterWives

Oh look, another MisterWives song! This one's really awesome because it's about working hard to achieve what you're capable of and knowing that you worked hard for it. It's so happy, upbeat, and fun that it's impossible not to have your mood lifted when you hear it.

7. "On Top of the World" by Imagine Dragons

Imagine Dragons is another one of my favorite bands. Their songs aren't always very joyful, but this one certainly is-- it describes the feeling of being so content that no one can destroy your mood.

8. "Smoke Break" by Carrie Underwood

Switching to an entirely different genre of music for this last one. I actually really love to listen to country...don't judge me. But, even if you did, how could you judge me for liking Carrie Underwood? She's amazing and so is this song. It reminds us that we work hard and it's okay and important to give ourselves a break sometimes.

See? I've even included links for your convenience. So now that you've heard about these wonderful songs — TAKE A BREAK FROM YOUR STRESS AND LISTEN TO THEM! Or work out to them, listen to them at the same time you're studying for midterms, whatever. It's amazing what music can do for our brains when they're on overdrive.