8 Signs You're A Beach Bum

8 Signs You're A Beach Bum

'A day at the beach restores the soul.'

72
8 Signs You're A Beach Bum
Bob Smith/123rf Stock Photo

The beach is a place to unwind in the sun or water with your friends/family on a nice sunny day. It also is a place to day drink while playing games on the beach or to drink around the fire on the sand with a good group of people. Nonetheless, there's not too many things better than a good beach day during the summer (or all year round depending where you live). If you're a person who finds yourself at the beach constantly, chances are the list below will perfectly sum up your life/summer in a nut shell.

1. You find sand everywhere.

Whether it's in your car, on the floor of your room or resting at the bottom of your go-to beach bag, the constant trail of sand is a reminder just how much you love the beach and how you need to plan your next beach trip ASAP.

2. You have a mental breakdown when your skin starts turning pale.

There's nothing like a good day of baking in the sun on the beach to get your summer glow. When you haven't been able to go to the beach in awhile and start losing your tan, chances are you start freaking out and find yourself running to the beach the next day it's sunny out.

3. You separate your bathing suits into "cute day party bikinis" and tanning bikinis.

Sure, that strappy bikini looks amazing on you at the time, but if you're a true beach bum, you know better than to wear an intricate bathing suit to the beach or else you'll get hideous tan/burn lines that will make your skin look diseased.

4. When people ask you what your hobbies are you automatically think of the beach.

I mean the beach does consist of laying in the sun all day but it also consists of swimming, walking on the sand and playing sports in or outside of the water as well.

5. You've become an expert on how much (or how little) sunscreen you need to apply to get the perfect glow.

Each summer, you have that one beach day where you get too burnt/crispy at the beach to make you realize where on your body you need to apply sunscreen. Hopefully by now, you've gotten the hang of it and realized how much to apply in order to get the perfect tan.

6. You have your go to beach drink that completes the perfect beach trip.

This could be beer, wine coolers, or a mixed drink. Either way, the "perfect beach trip" would not be complete until you have your favorite drink cold and in your hand.

7. Just the idea of winter and the cold makes you shiver.

You enjoy the days of basking in the sun on the beach and cooling off in the salty water which yes, may be frigid at times, but is totally OK when it's still warm outside of the water. Actual cold air and weather on the other hand, is totally unacceptable and one of your most disliked things.

8. You can't imagine living away from the ocean.

"Beach therapy" is an actual thing. A good beach day and the soothing waves of the ocean can take away your problems or at least make you forget about them for awhile. Living by the beach has caused you to realize just how lucky you are to be able to experience the stunning ocean and the sand that lay beneath your feet.