8 Signs You're An Over-Thinker

8 Signs You're An Over-Thinker

It's not a choice, it's a lifestyle.

94
8 Signs You're An Over-Thinker
The Mind Unleashed

Over-thinker (noun): introspective and overly sensitive individual who is always looking for meaning in everything and specializes in the extensive analysis of subtweets.

It might sound poetic but anyone who’s an over-thinker knows that in reality it's more of a struggle. It can be both a blessing and a curse but half of the time, you don't even realize how much of an over-thinker you are. Here are 8 signs that the over-thinker life chose you:

1. You overanalyze everything.

Every text, every emoji, body language, etc. You’re good at picking up on hints, but sometimes you can get too caught up in it. Which leads you to worry about what people think about you or if you're being too annoying.

2. You like having a plan.

You thrive on to-do lists and you’re big on always planning ahead.

3. You’re indecisive.

This can be annoying when you're trying to decide between pizza or Chinese for dinner. But when it comes to making important life decisions, you put a lot of thought into them. After a lengthy pros and cons list, you can be pretty confident you made the right choice.

4. You replay situations and conversations over in your head.

“What did he really mean by that?”

5. People who send vague or ambiguous texts stress you out.

Can’t tell if you're being nonchalant or genuinely don't care.

6. You’re a perfectionist.

You fixate on details normal people probably would just glance over, and because of this anything you do just turns out better.

7. You’re always wondering “why?”

So many of the thoughts that run through your head have to do with trying to understand people’s motives.

8. You get frustrated when people tell you to “let it go” or “go with the flow.”

Just because you don't go with the flow, doesn't mean you're not a chill person. Being an over-thinker is in your nature, it’s how you function. You're always trying to understand why things are the way there are.