8 Signs Your Sister Is Your Personal Chef

Having a sister who can cook can be a real life-saver -- and I don't mean the candy.

1659
Way Of Living

Some sisters are good at sharing their taste in music, others are the best at being your personal photographer, but by far the best sister you could have is one who loves to cook. Speaking from experience, having a sister who cooks for you can be really handy. Here’s 8 signs that you have an Iron Chef for a sister.

1. You’re never hungry

It seems like no matter what time it is, your sister is either cooking or one of her dishes is waiting for you in the fridge.

2. Having people over isn’t a hassle

Who needs caterers when you have a professional right in your own kitchen? And the best part is, you don’t even need to persuade her to help – she’s most likely chopping the carrots and onions as we speak.

3.You can’t wait to come home and eat

Pizza and ramen is great sometimes, but your sister’s food will always have a special place in your heart. And it’s one of the things you miss most about home.

4. Special occasions are something to look forward to

Because you just KNOW she’s going to be the one in charge of the food. Whatever it is, whether it is a fabulous birthday cake or her famous stir fry or an amazing original dish, you know it’s going to be worth the wait.

5. You can always work out a deal

Sure, she might have just woken up and she’s probably REALLY not in the mood to make you pancakes, but there’s always something you can do to persuade her to work her magic. Whether it’s promising to do the dishes for her later or letting her borrow your XBOX, there’s always something you can trade to get the delicious goods.

6. She actually has magical powers

There could be no food in the house and she’d still manage to whip up a banquet. There could be a single papaya, a ramen spice packet, and a frozen breakfast burrito and she’d still be able to make it taste amazing.

7. She’ll be there for you when you need her most

Whether you’ve had a bad break up and need brownies, stat, or if you need a pot luck casserole to blow the competition away, you know she’s got your back. You might have to bribe her though – bake sale supplies don’t come cheap.

8. It’s pretty tragic when she’s not at home

I mean, who’s gonna cook for you? Who will blow your taste buds away while she’s gone? You’ve grown accustomed to being fed the best of the best and now you’re helpless. How do you even turn the oven on?

No matter what’s going on in your life or who you meet, you know you can always count on your sister to whip you up something truly amazing.