Top 8 Videos From 'Fatherly' That Will Make You Sign Up Pronto

From new girl scout badges to kiddie bikes and cars to baby cribs and strollers to fun teaching toys to amazing family fun destinations, 'Fatherly' has got it all.

27
Instagram

Last week, I wrote and published an article on a parenting site called Fatherly. If you haven't already heard, Fatherly is a site for next level parenting. They’ve got amazing toys and games on their site, cool hacks, and interesting advice from top professionals in a degree of careers, and it’s available for all age levels and for both mom and dad. I initially discovered Fatherly after watching a really cool video that was shared by another company on Facebook. I liked their page afterward and started viewing their other videos and I then subscribed to their newsletter even though I’ve still got ages before I want to have kids and get settled down. So, I wanted to share some of the amazing things that Fatherly " "has got going on. So, I handpicked some of the cool and interesting videos they’ve posted recently in the hopes of getting others to fall in love with this amazing company.

1. New Girl Scout Badges

We all know what Girl Scouts do. They wear these cute little uniforms, they go camping, they do some community service, sometimes they learn first aid, earn badges, and of course, they sell Girl Scout cookies! The Girl Scouts have been around for over 100 years. Just recently, they’ve decided to start up a program that connects Girl Scouts of all ages to earn STEM badges. STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. When I was applying for college at the end of high school, I noticed a lot of scholarships that were geared towards STEM students who are basically students who are interested in those four categories and planning on majoring in them in college. STEM provides a lot of opportunities for students and it’s so great that they’re not expanding towards a younger generation to help prepare them for the future.

A unique, “fun with purpose” K-12 curriculum has been developed to help inspire girls of all ages to embrace and celebrate all the various scientific discoveries in their lives. And not only do these young girls get to learn these topics early on, but they get rewarded for it too with actual badges that prove just how brilliant and bright they are.

You can read more about how Girl Scout STEM Programs can benefit girls in this PDF that goes into details the program and how it works. You can also visit the main Girl Scouts website and get information there as well.

2. The Toddler Tour de France

The Strider Cup, also being dubbed as the Toddler version of the Tour de France, is a competition where a bunch of toddlers get together and ride their Strider balance bikes for a short race located in Fort Worth, Texas. Balance bikes are these low-riding, two-wheelers that you ride by pushing their your feet against the ground. So, it’s basically like how Fred Flintstone drives his car. The competition has done so well that it is now expanding overseas and will soon be popping up in other states. And they’ve even decided to include kids with special needs into the competition, so this event is for all kids between the ages of 2-5 coming from anywhere around the world for an awesome time together. And it is honestly the cutest thing ever!

Toddlers have to be between the ages of 2-5 years old and there is a registration fee of $25. After registering, you will receive a goodie bag that is valued at $50.

You can check out the Strider Bikes website to check out which dates and locations will be the destinations for the upcoming Strider Cup Competition.

3. The Lotus Travel Crib

Okay, cribs are the worst. Now I’ve never had a crib or seen one in person before, but those things do not look as fun as the commercials try to make them seem. I’ve seen so many videos of babies escaping from their cribs or helping their siblings escape and it’s like well if cribs were awesome, no one would ever try to escape, right? Also, there’s the fact that you can carry your crib with you when you wanna go on vacation. What do you do if you’re at a hotel or a resort or something? Put the kid in between you and your spouse and hope to not squash it in your sleep? Yeah, I don’t think so. Well, that’s where the new Lotus Travel Crib can help you out.

Guava Family, the creator of the crib, is selling the product for $189.95 on its website. You can carry it on your back as a wearable backup and then unpack and unfold it into a full sized floor crib in under a minute. As the video explains, it’s a great tool for when you’ve had a long day and your baby’s tired and you need a quick and easy way to put him or her to bed.

The product is lightweight, hands-free, made with completely safe materials, and easy to use all around your home. There’s even a bassinet version for your little one which even has a rocking feature.

Their motto is: big enough for your toddler, small enough to take on your next adventure.

4. The Pockit Stroller

What’s worse than cribs? You guessed it: strollers. Once again, I’ve never been in a stroller, but my sister has and as fun as they seem, just sitting and relaxing while you’re being pushed around. But, you know what’s worst? When people bring their huge, heavy, and stuffed strollers onto buses and trains and try to shove their way to an empty seat or towards the back, running over civilians’ legs and then getting pissed if you accidentally bang into their stroller. Like Heaven forbid you actually attempt to break the one contraption that makes it so they don’t have to hold their own child! The Pockit Stroller is an easy fix for that problem.

The PockIt Stroller is the world’s smallest and most compact folding stroller, according to the 2014 Guinness Book of World Records. It can also be folded into a backpack, making it easy to carry and it unfolds super easily. It weighs only 9.5 pounds so even your tot can carry it around for you if you didn’t want to.

You can find more information on the product and similar kiddie transportation products here.

5. Turing Tumble - The Toy That Teaches

Turing Tumble is a mechanical marble game that has the ability to teach kids how to code - without needing a computer! I know a lot of parents are wary of kids spending too much time on computers and tablets, even if it’s while using interactive or teaching websites, so this is a good product for kids who can learn while playing.

These marbles can count, add, subtract, multiply, and divide, and more! There are 105 parts to this game, but it’s very simple. There are various logical puzzles that one must complete by arranging certain pieces, gears, ramps, or bits to steer the marbles to their final destination.

It won’t actually be available to buy until February 2018, but just think of all the fun the kids can have while also learning valuable skills. You can check out their Kickstarter page for more information on the product.

6. Lumo - The Fun Floor Projector

If you thought Turing Table looked fun, then you’re in for a real treat with Lumo. Lumo allows you to turn any surface into an interactive electronic game board using only a projector.

There are a variety of games you can play using both your hands and feet. Some parents might worry that this means extra screen time, but as the video explains, it really does get children up and running while learning new things and playing games. So, their bodies are getting stronger, their brains are definitely getting stronger, and they’re having a great time doing so. You can even customize your own games. Like, how great is that?

The product itself isn’t as expensive as you would think. You can try a demo for one month free. If you want to buy the actual product after those 30 days, you can choose between two options - the Personal and the Business one. The Business one is definitely a bit expensive costing $599, but the Personal is only $99 and it still comes with a bunch of great stuff, but the games do come separately and they are all listed in their game store with the prices and everything.

You can find out more about the product, how it works, all the different features included in the product, and the payment plans as well on their website.

7. Kidstance - The Kiddie Car Pimpin’ Company

I’m sure a lot of you have grown up watching the MTV show "Pimp My Ride" that aired in the mid-2000’s. I was more of a "MTV Cribs" girl myself, which is another show dedicated to showing off celebrities’ expensive homes and all the amazing features they’ve added to them. For those of you who never got a chance to watch "Pimp My Ride" before they stopped airing it, the show basically revolves around a lucky contestant getting the opportunity to have their current car remodeled into this brand new, expensive looked, pimped up thing. Well, guess what, now there’s a kiddie version of that! Except it’s not a show, it’s an actual company that will take your kid’s toy vehicle and amps it up.

And they definitely pimp it up the extreme. As you can see from the video, these cars can get a variety of work done to it from wheels to interiors to a fresh new paint job

And then they have special features like installing air ride suspensions so it can lift off a few inches off the ground and be real dope. It also includes installing an audio system that looks "killer" and so realistic, it makes me want to shrink down to a toddler’s size just so I can squeeze into one of these and just live life to the fullest.

Ordering and customizing one of these kiddie cars is super easy. Their website is really helpful in breaking down all the components of the business and exactly what they do. There are three simple steps of picking out a base model, choosing a pricing, and then requesting a quote that will further explain everything you need to know about the end result of these pimped out vehicles.

You can check out the price list for all the added features here.

8. Diggerland USA - A Construction-Themed Amusement Park

Everyone loves theme parks, they’re the best. You get to go on rides and eat junk food, play unwinnable games and buy expensive prizes, who doesn’t love that? Well, get ready for a new kind of theme park. Diggerland USA introduces the world’s first amusement park that is operated by your "kids"! How "crazy" is that?

The basic idea of Diggerland is to let kids operate the kind of heavy machinery that can be found at construction sites like bulldozers, excavators, dump trucks, backhoes, and more.

Located in West Berlin, New Jersey, the theme park covers over 10 acres of land and has almost thirty different attractions. And according to their website, most of the rides are all real, diesel powered, full sized pieces of construction equipment that have undergone advanced

engineering modifications that make them safe for the public and allows for kids as small as 36″ to operate with little to no instruction; they do get a one on one instructor though just so they get a general idea of how to work the machines and what to do in case something goes wrong. And it gets better because they've just recently added a Diggerland XL for adults which allow for people 18+ to give the rides a go as well.

There are about four of these amusement parks located in London, but there is only one in the United States so far, so I would definitely check it out and give it a shot because it looks "amazing"!

The prices for tickets are really good and they have discounts for families of four or more. Here’s a full list of the pricing of their tickets.

Other perks of this amazing amusement park are that they do birthday parties and they also have events for kids with special needs.

If you still need convincing that Fatherly "" is an amazing website, here is a copy of my article.

If you wish to check out more great videos and articles, you can check out their Facebook page.

And if you're already convinced of" "Fatherlys' awesomeness, you can check out their site and even subscribe to their newsletter where you'll get emails packed with tips and tricks, cool games and destinations, and interesting facts and future innovations.