8 Reasons Why My Heart Lies On The East Coast

We are fresher than you.

76
Femfessionals

Recently, I traveled out to Southern California and it was absolutely amazing. The food was amazing, everything was so clean and put together and even the people were incredibly friendly. But I couldn't but feel like something was missing. So as I pack my bags to leave back to New Jersey, I now realize why it didn't feel so complete... It just wasn't the East Coast.

For all my East Coasters out there, here are eight reasons my heart will always lie on the East Coast.

1. New York City

It really is the greatest city on Earth. People from all over the world come to the U.S. just to visit New York City. Not to mention that literally ANYTHING goes here. You want to see a man in tighty-whities playing the guitar in the middle of the street? Yes, we have that.

2. Bagels

On the East Coast, it actually rains bagels (hallelujah!). Okay, well not actually, but we do have the best bagels in the whole world. And if you don't agree with me, then you obviously haven't tried a New York or New Jersey bagel. Any other place just has rolls with holes.

3. Pizza

The Italians may have created pizza, but New Yorkers have perfected it. From Joe's pizza to Lombardi's you seriously can't go wrong. Even Obama can agree with this.

4. Cheesesteaks

For all my Philadelphians out there, I didn't forget about you! Nowhere else in the world can you get a homemade cheesesteak that tastes quite as good as it does in Philly. Sorry Charley's, your cheesesteaks just don't quite match up.

5. Dunkin' Donuts

I don't believe I am allowed to say that I endorse the second one but I can agree with the first. My morning would be incomplete without my medium caramel swirl iced coffee with cream and no sugar. And as I have come to learn, Dunkin is pretty much only appreciated in the East Coast. For more information, see Massachusetts, where you can find a Dunkin every 500 ft.

6. Diners

The East is the home of the all-American diner. Nowhere else are these 24/7 homes of fabulous breakfast food and more a popular thing. Thanks to the East Coast, my 3 a.m. cravings of a Taylor ham, egg and cheese (another reason why the East Coast is the best) never go unsatisfied.

7. Four seasons

Only on the East Coast (in the Northeast, to be specific) do you truly experience all four seasons. From skiing in the winter, to gardening in the spring, beaching it in the summer and apple picking in the fall, we have the best of all worlds. Not to mention that every season comes with absolutely beautiful scenery.

8. Unfriendly people with an East Coast superiority problem

Okay, this one may be a stretch. However, growing up in a place near New York City you develop that "attitude." Seeing that NYC is the greatest city on Earth, why wouldn't we be stuck up about it? Only on the East Coast will you find people that will fight until the death to show you how much better we are than you. I'm a prime example.