8 Reasons Why I'm Grateful For My Family

There aren’t enough words to express why I am grateful for my family, but here is a start.
4746

As it is the season of giving, it only seems right to give a little extra thanks to the most important people in my life – my family. No matter what, my family is always there to brighten my day, to lift me up when I’m feeling down and love me, always. There aren’t enough words to even express why I am grateful for my family, but here is a start.

1. They always make you laugh.

If your family is anything like mine, there rarely is a dull moment. With so many different personalities, the jokes just keep coming. They make you laugh until you cry, creating lasting memories in the process.

2. You can completely be yourself.

There are no other people you can feel more comfortable around than your family. With them you can act weird, sing off-tune at the top of your lungs and not be self-conscious. And they won’t even judge you … that much!

3. They boost you up.

In the hard times, there is no better support system than family. Whether it’s a fight with your best friend, a breakup with your significant other, or even just a bad day, they’re always right there to be your shoulder to cry on and bring a smile back to your face.

4. They’re your biggest cheerleaders.

Being a family is synonymous with being a cheerleader. From the dance recitals to the school awards to the little league games when you can barely hold a bat, your family is genetically obligated to come out and cheer the loudest for you, sometimes a little too loud.

5. You always have someone to talk to.

I know that whenever I’m in need of talking to someone, my mom is my go-to. And whenever she doesn’t answer, I can call my sister, or my dad, or my cousin, or my aunt. The list goes on and on. They are basically your own person, unqualified therapist who always seems to have the perfect advice for every situation.

6. They help you out whenever you’re in a bind.

It doesn’t matter if it’s being short $5, needing a ride late at night and everything in between. You could call at 3 in the morning and you bet your silver dollar a family member will drop everything to help you. Family is there, no questions asked. Ok, well maybe a few from your mom.

7. They always have your back.

They always say that blood is thicker than water, and for good reason. It’s nice to know that you’ll have someone in your court in tough situations. Being able to rely on others without hesitation is one of the best parts about family.

8. They will love you, always.

The love that a family has is unlike anything else. There’s nothing quite like knowing that these people who you are so deeply connected to will love you forever and always.

I am so incredibly blessed to have such a close family who push comes to shove is always there for me. Each day I’m more and more thankful for them and my love for them continues to grow each and every day.

Thank you for being the best family ever.