7 Reasons Not To Live In Tampa, Florida

7 Reasons Not To Live In Tampa, Florida

The worst city you could ever live in ...

18005
7 Reasons Not To Live In Tampa, Florida

Whether you're a new to Tampa or have grown up there, you know that there are a few things that make this city great. But, Tampa in all of its glory may not be for everyone. I mean who would like to enjoy wonderful warm weather, beaches and bustling night life during some of the best years of your life year-round?

Even if you're someone who enjoys none of those things aforementioned, here's a list that may or may not change your mind:

1. It is beautiful.

The skyline is so lit up and highlighted by the colorful lights that change all throughout the night. Even during early morning hours the city looks so peaceful, especially with the reflection in the water. If you don't love a beautiful skyline, this city is definitely not for you.

(Downtown Tampa at night and in the peak morning hours)

2. Definitely don't take a walk on the Riverwalk, you might actually want to do it again.

You can see the whole city skyline just from the pathway. The Riverwalk takes you down a beautiful path bordering the river and the city. If you are lucky, you will see dolphins or manatees swimming by. If you don't like animals or a beautiful view of the city, this is definitely not the place for you.

Both pictures are of the Tampa Riverwalk. The top is showing the more private sector, and the bottom is showing the area right in downtown Tampa where you can access hotels and businesses.

3. Beaches around here are some of the top rated in the country.

You can find beaches that are tourist magnets and downright gorgeous, like Clearwater. If you like a getaway that is more private, yet still equally beautiful, there is St. Petersburg. If you don't enjoy spectacular beaches surrounding your city, then Tampa is definitely not for you.

The top photo is Clearwater Beach during a sunset at Pier 60, which is very popular. The bottom photo is a spot on St. Petersburg beach.

4. Gasparilla is a major event that consists of a lot of drinks and costumes.

In the morning a pirate ship called the Jose Gasparilla sails into Hillsborough Bay accompanied by Tampa residents. People also gather in their own boats. In the afternoon, the city shuts down Bayshore Boulevard and has a huge parade with people all ages dressed in pirate costumes. The whole day ends with a concert in the evening. If you don't like parades that take over your whole city and days filled with immense fun, then Tampa is not for you.

Both photos are views of the Gasparilla pirate ship sailing into Hillsborough Bay accompanied by other vessels during the invasion.

5. Ybor City is right outside of Downtown Tampa and is a crazy bar scene.

A lot of people compare it to the strip of New Orleans on the weekends. From clubs to delicious restaurants, Ybor has it all. It is a very open place where people can dress up and meet different kinds of people. If you don't like a lively social scene, Tampa is definitely not for you.

Both photos are of Downtown Ybor Historical District. The top is of Muvico Theatre which has the Tampa Bay Brewing Company right inside it. The bottom photo is the bar strip of Ybor during Halloween.

6. Weather plays a huge role in living in Tampa.

Regardless of how hot it is during the summer, during the winter it always pays off. When it is freezing up north, it is still kayaking weather in Tampa. You have no humidity, and your average high is about 70 degrees. If you don't like beautiful, warm winters, Tampa is definitely not for you.

This photo is of people kayaking at Clearwater Beach in December.

7. Even on the most boring day there is something to do in Tampa.

Whether it is going to the beach or walking around the city, you can always find something to do. If you don't love a city where you can never get bored and will find something to do, Tampa is definitely not the place for you.

The top photo is of a girl in Clearwater fishing off her paddle board. The bottom photo is me jumping off a paddle board in St. Petersburg.

Moral of the story: Move to Tampa, Florida. You will not regret it.