8 Realities Of Living In Husman Hall

8 Realities Of Living In Husman Hall

And all the reasons I never want to leave

366
8 Realities Of Living In Husman Hall
College Campuses

Anyone that lives in Husman would tell you that it is the best residence hall on Xavier’s campus. I’ve compiled my favorite things about living in Xavier’s most coveted freshman housing, Husman Hall.

1) Private bathrooms

Growing up, I remember hearing the horror stories of living in a hall with community bathrooms. Having to walk down the hall to shower or even brush my teeth sounded miserable, but lucky for me, I’m living in a hall with private bathrooms. I mean I still have to share with 4 other people but at least I don’t have to leave my room to shower.

2) Water-bottle fountain

It’s easy to take these water fountains for granted until you get to a building without them. It’s so easy to fill up your water bottle on-the-go and stay hydrated all day.

3) Nice study lounges

I hate to brag but Husman does have the nicest lounges. With one on each floor, it’s easy to find a quiet place to study, without having to leave the building. Even if you just want to find a place to hang out with our friends, these lounges are comfortable and cozy (and they have an oven!!)

4) Amazing Resident Assistants

Every single resident assistant in Husman is open to helping any resident. Even if you don’t live on their floor or they don’t even know your name, each RA is there to help you out or answer any questions you have. They’re super nice and welcoming and they always say hello in the hallway. I could go on and on about them because they’re all so amazing!!

5) Large Laundry facility

I might be alone on this one, but I love doing laundry. With 8 washer and 8 dryers, it’s very rare that I can’t do my laundry when I want. There is also a study room right across the hall for a quiet space to do homework while you’re waiting for all your clothes to dry.

6) Cleaning People

Each week, the cleaning staff comes into the rooms to clean the bathrooms. How amazing is that?! They’re all super sweet and extremely kind! They always come in with a smile on their face, and they ask how my day is going. They are in the middle of cleaning over a dozen bathrooms, and they’re still so happy to see us. Shoutout to the Husman cleaning staff! We love you!

7) Central Location

No matter where you’re heading on campus, Husman is never a far walk. The caf is right next door, and Gallagher is an easy walk, too. I mean Elet is pretty far, but that’s inevitable.

8) Matt and Gryffin Jones

Matt Jones is Husman’s Hall Director. I’m not sure how he puts up with disciplining all the annoying college students and still manages to have a smile on his face when we see him. While he’s super sarcastic and often sassy, he still brightens my day with a laugh and his dog Gryffin! Just remember to acknowledge Matt even when you really only want to see his dog or he gets mad.