8 Little Known Quotes From Our Founding Fathers

Turns out these guys had cool things to say!
39

In the wake of the recent Broadway hit, Hamilton, suddenly everyone is really interested in history; I can't think of a cooler way to learn than powerful ballads and incredible lyrics courtesy of Lin Manuel-Miranda. So, in honor of both Independence Day and Hamilton's success, here are a few quotes from our favorite founding fathers.

1. "I find the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."

2. "Children should be educated and instructed in the principles or freedom."

3. "It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company."

4."Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."

5. "The cause of America is in a great measure the curse of all mankind."

6. "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance and a people who mean to be their own governours, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

7. "Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice."

8. "If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done before."