8 Questions Twins Are Sick And Tired Of Hearing

Twins are just like everybody else. Only a little cooler.

273
http://cdn.mbeans2.com/

I love having a twin sister. I've had my best friend right beside me literally since birth. From womb-mates to roommates to being five hours apart, she'll always be my other half. But something that can be exhausting about having a twin is the never-ending questions we get, individually and together. If you're a twin, you've probably heard all of the questions I'm going to talk about. And if you've ever met a twin, you've probably asked at least one of them.

1. Which one of you is the evil twin?

Why does there have to be an evil twin? Do you ask your parents which is the evil parent? Or even just regular siblings? No. So what is it with this question.

(But if you really want to know, I am the evil twin. I'll admit it. Now let's move on.)

2. Can you read each other's minds?

Like, I know twins are special and amazing creatures, but we're really not that different from the average humans. We have a undeniably strong connection, sure, but actually being able to look into each other's minds? Not quite. At least not yet. Maybe twin telepathy will be a real thing in the future.

3. Are you identical?

If you ask me this question if you've never seen my twin, it's understandable. What's not understandable is when I'm standing right next to her, and you still ask if we're identical. Can you seriously not tell? Between the opposite hair colors, contrasting clothing styles, and altogether different faces? Really? We're fraternal, FYI.

4. Are fraternal twins technically twins, though?

Just because we hardly look like sisters doesn't make us less "twin." We lived in the womb together, at the same time, and came out only a minute apart. We're just as "technically twin" as any other pair of twins, fraternal or identical.

5. Which of you is (smarter, funnier, friendlier, etc.)?

It's hard enough to constantly compare yourself to your twin. It's going to happen, like it or not. Having others doing it, or probing you about it, just makes things even more difficult. I don't think I'm funnier or smarter than my twin. We can both be funny, smart, talented, it doesn't have to be a competition!

6. Do you feel each other's pain?

Again, twins are regular people too. We don't have special powers. And from all the fighting my sister and I have done, I'm pretty thankful I can't feel her pain.

7. Do you at least have some sort of secret language?

Well, I can't say we have our own language, but there are definitely things we say to each other that make absolutely no sense to other people. I wouldn't go as far to say we speak gibberish to each other... Maybe something more twinnerish?

(That was awful. I'm sorry.)

8. What's it like being a twin?

My personal least favorite question that I will never stop getting asked, unfortunately. How can I explain what it's like being a twin when I've never not been a twin? But since I'm feeling slightly less evil today, I'll say this: being a twin is amazing and I couldn't be more thankful to have my other half with me at all times, even when we're physically apart.

So here's to all the twins, especially mine! Even though she might hate me after this for posting this picture.