8 Netflix Movies You Should Watch This Month

Forget your homework, its time you get a Netflix movie education.

908

Iv'e said it once and I will probably say it again so many times that people want to punt me, but watch stupid movies. If you need some guidance for what movies to start your dumb film education, the best place to look is Netflix. Here you can find the really bad, God-awful movies. Let's just say, you are not ready for the bad movies that you will appreciate forever quite yet, so this is like a beginner's course. Seriously, the Rosetta stone of bad movies begins and ends with Netflix. So if you don't have a subscription ask a friend. They will not only be sad you are missing out on the joys of modern day, but also if they are a real friend or a good person at all they would like everyone to have the right to life, liberty, and dumb movies. The best part of Netflix though, is that some of these movies are actually good, so as you stumble around for the stupid ones, you may land on some pretty good ones too. Without further ado, here are eight movies, some bad and some great, that you should watch on Netflix right now:

1. Slow Learners

Starring Adam Pally and Sarah Burns, this movie is about two awkward co-workers looking to become cooler. It's almost painful to watch at the beginning and that is the best part about it. Pally and Burns spend a summer being selfish and trying all kinds of tactics to look cool. Basically nothing happens the whole movie and when you get to its end, you wonder how you could even explain that movie, but at the same time you want to watch it over again.

2. About Alex

So the premise of this movie is anything but up-lifting. It is about a group of friends that reunites after one attempts suicide. Although the movie begins on such a sad and dark note, it manages to end with a certain bittersweet hope. The way it handles the situation resembles real life rather than the perfect characters saying all the perfect lines at the exact right moment. And if you have ever had a great group of friends, you will want to immediately hang out with them and reminisce after this one.

3. Chalet Girl

Now this one is the epitome of dumb British movie that will be a waste of your afternoon, but also time well spent. Starring Ed Westwick, better known for his role as Chuck Bass in Gossip Girl, the movie is about a rich guy who falls for the poor-ish girl. Some really revolutionary stuff, and amazingly horrible stuff.

4. Rounders

With a movie starring Matt Damon and Edward Norton, there is almost nothing more that needs to be said, but there are high stakes poker games, gang activity, and some pretty scary Russian dudes.

5. Chelsea Peretti: One of the Greats

So technically this one is actually a stand up special and not a movie, but it's worth watching. Her jokes range from hating people who brag about having a rescue dog to the fact that you can get botox so that you don't sweat anymore.

6.Whats Eating Gilbert Grape

Young Leo, Johnny Depp and an impossible fat woman are all you need to know about this film. Gilbert Grape is horribly sad at times, but also incredibly cute. Not to mention DiCaprio and Depp's acting is unreal as is usual for those guys, and their characters are weirdly believable despite their strangeness.

7.Wet Hot American Summer

If you have ever watched Dazed and Confused, Almost Famous, or Fast Times at Ridegmont High, you will love this movie. If you have seen none of those listed above, and have not seen Wet Hot American Summer, clear your schedule and watch them all immediately. This movie is about a summer camp on its last day and the dumb stuff everyone is getting into for a final hurrah. It's the kind of stuff that makes you want it to be summer where bad decisions can be made every day. Plus Amy Poehler, Paul Rudd, and Bradley Cooper feature in this flick...so...

8.Snowpiercer

Okay, so stick with me here because this may sound like an incredibly nerdy action movie, but remember that you have all seen The Hunger Games and liked that, so you need to give this one a chance, too. The movie is about the future of civilization that survives solely on a single train that stretches for miles. The poor people live in the back of the train while the rich live in the front in luxury, and now the poor people are trying to get to the front of the train to bring change. Like I said it, it sounds a bit strange, but it's worth a watch.

So there you go. Your start to a Netflix movie education.