8 Life Lessons From A Court Of Thorns And Roses

Sarah J. Maas has taught us so many wonderful things throughout her incredible incredible A Court of Thorns and Roses series.

1903
World of Sarah J. Maas

The captivating saga of A Court of Thorns and Roses (ACOTAR) by Sarah J. Maas recently became a #1 New York Times bestseller, and for good reason. Throughout the outstanding series, Maas has captured our hearts with exquisite realms filled with perfect characters, loads of adventure, and emotional plotlines. After reading the newly-released series finale, A Court of Wings and Ruin, I began reminiscing on all the best parts of one of my favorite series. There are so many great lessons I’ve learned in just a few books (so far!), and the impact Sarah J. Maas has made on our lives as readers is absolutely phenomenal.

1. Love outlasts everything.

“The great joy and honor of my life has been to know you.” After witnessing the ups and downs of Feyre’s love life, it’s so evident that love conquers all things, even death. Not only do we fawn over her relationship with Rhysand, but also the beautiful relationships among their family. No one can separate the Archeron sisters and I absolutely adore that.

2. Bravery pays off.

“What we think to be our greatest weakness can sometimes be our biggest strength.” Imagine if Feyre hadn’t risked her life at the very beginning of ACOTAR; none of this incredible journey would have happened! I love how Sarah J. Maas brings to life the most inspiring heroines in this story. Their bravery never ceases to amaze me.

3. Family is forever.

“It is the family you make, not the one you are born into, that matters.” Who wouldn’t want to be a part of the Inner Circle? Their family dynamics are absolute goals despite the fact that they are not blood-related. That kind of dedication melts my heart as literally nothing can tear this beautiful family apart.

4. A big heart is a strong one.

“Pity those who don't feel anything at all.” Feyre’s human heart saves her life countless times. The fiercer she gets, her sympathy and desire to help others never falters. Even if it means sacrificing herself, Feyre will always fight for those who need help and stand up for justice at all costs.

5. Listen to your heart.

“Don't feel bad for one moment about doing what brings you joy.” One reason we love Sarah J. Maas’s characters so much is because they are so passionate about their beliefs and the people they love. They do everything in their power to make the world a better place. Even amidst chaos, they never fail to leave us smiling and laughing.

6. Never stop dreaming.

“To the stars who listen— and the dreams that are answered.” Oh, how we’d all love to live in the Court of Dreams. Through these books, we’ve gotten to escape to the most beautiful place, the place of dreamers. We’ve learned the power and significance of remembering our dreams and pursuing them.

7. Hope never dies.

“What it is to truly hope, even when the world tells you to despair.” As tough as life gets for these heroes, these dreamers never give up on their hope for a better world. Rhysand, especially, never loses sight of the future, of a peaceful, beautiful Prythian. He pursues his dreams at full force and never shows signs of hopelessness.

8. Confidence comes from loving yourself.

“It's a rare person to face who they are and not run from it - not be broken by it.” Throughout Feyre’s awe-inspiring journey of character development, she learns to accept herself. She taught us the life lesson that it doesn’t matter what other people think of you, so long as you appreciate yourself. That’s surely one thing we’ll always take with us, even when the books end.

Sarah J. Maas’s A Court of Thorns and Roses series deserves every bit of praise it has received because it has impacted every reader with so many life lessons. Her inspiring characters and beautiful adventures have brought so many brilliant values that apply to our own lives. Even though the first three books have concluded, Maas promises an ACOTAR spinoff in the near future and after collecting these great life lessons, we could not be more excited.