Home Items You'll Need For The Best Semester Yet

Hopefully, this will help you shop too!

25

In my first ever article that I wrote a little less than a year ago, I wrote about the items I bought for my dorm and absolutely loved.

This year, I'm upgrading from a dorm to an apartment so I'm going to be cooking more and decorating more space as well. As such, I'm going to need more stuff!

So, perhaps in starting a tradition here on Odyssey, I wanted to add more items that I've bought during this past year and ones that I'm going to be purchasing soon.

1. Tote Bags

Large grocery bags. Enough said.

But in all seriousness, they're great. Get a stylish one or one that you like. Use it as a normal purse, or as storage for small items, or anything you want. I love them so much and have a ton.

2. Pots and Pans

This one seems like a no-brainer if you plan on cooking, but I didn't realize that I under-bought and needed more than one if I'm making elaborate, healthier meals as I wanted. I would say two of each would be good, especially if you get one small and one large.

3. Tupperware

You're going to make leftovers if you cook and you won't want to waste it. That's inevitable.

Good food storage is essential if you cook, but still a good investment if you don't because some dining halls let you take food, or maybe you'll have extras from a restaurant that you want to keep.

4. Microwave

Unsplash

No matter how much I want to cook, there will be times when I want a quick meal (mac and cheese). A microwave is needed for that, so onto the list it goes.

5. Tapestries

I would say any sort of wall decor would be good as well (photos, paintings, etc). But I like tapestries because they're large and can be hung up easily and with items that won't damage the walls.

In addition to that, you can find a ton of different ones with various styles online so it's a good way to make a room feel well decorated.

6. Diffuser

Finally, to my most recommended item ever.

Yes, I wrote to get a diffuser a year ago. However, I'm putting it again because I cannot stress how much I love it. Please invest in one if you can. With the different scents, you can wake up easier in the mornings, or make your room cozier at night.

My two short lists obviously don't cover everything you might need. I focused more on forgotten stuff that probably isn't as important as huge items.

However, I think it's the little stuff that makes a home space go from good to great.