8 Games to Play in 2018

8 Games to Play in 2018

Tired of Cards Against Humanity?
104

When my family gathers together for the holidays, I always look forward to late nights where we laugh and play games together. In college, I tend to feel less homesick when my friends and I gather together for a game night. Although playing games like Cards Against Humanity can be fun, I enjoy playing games with my college friends that I can also play together with my family. So I wanted to share some games that are family-friendly but also really fun that you can play at your next college game night.

1. Exploding Kittens

You may love cats, but you won’t love being the unlucky player to draw the exploding kitten card. To avoid this unlucky fate, like in UNO you can play cards like a skip or attack card to try and force your friends to draw the exploding kitten instead.

2. One Night Ultimate Werewolf

Like the good old-fashioned game of Mafia, the goal of this game is to figure out who are the players with the role of Werewolf among the rest of the Village folk. This fun role-playing game includes an app that will guide you through the game.

3. Pie Face

As the name suggests, this game involves a mechanical arm that will throw whip cream in your face if you’re unlucky. This game is perfect to play with friends when you want to laugh at how silly you look with whip cream on your face. Make sure to take silly selfies together!

4. Speak Out

Just like Pie Face, this game will make you laugh at how silly you look and sound as you try to say phrases with a mouth guard in your mouth. According to Chris Pratt, this game is his mom's favorite.

5. Telestrations

This game combines good old-fashioned favorites Pictionary and Telephone. So the goal is to sketch out the written message so well that the next player can then guess the message, but like telephone, the messages become distorted into funny sayings as the game goes on.

6. Utter Nonsense

Similar to Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity, this game involves playing phrase cards in response to prompt cards. Utter Nonsense, however, is different because those prompt cards specify accents that you have to say those phrases in. Combining these silly accents with silly phrases creates absolutely ridiculous sayings that sound like utter nonsense.

7. Game of Things

Similar to Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity, the Game of Things involves responding to a prompt by writing your own responses. So feel free to have some fun and respond with inside jokes when playing with your friends! Even Ellen DeGeneres had fun playing with Martha Stewart, Miley Cyrus and Snoop Dogg.

8. Jackbox Games

Jackbox has a variety of different games that you can play with your friends on your phones from a laptop. Just like the Game of Things, they have a game called Quiplash where you respond to prompts on your phones. For each prompt, two people respond and their responses are then judged against each other for a winning Quiplash.

So have fun playing with your friends and family! Don't get too competitive though!