8 Timeless Holiday Attractions In Chattanooga, Tennessee

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!

5430
Ruby Falls

Whether it's ice skating at Ice on the Landing or drinking hot chocolate at the Hot Chocolatier, downtown Chattanooga offers several festive attractions for every member of the family. Here are my top eight holiday adventures that every member of the family - young and old - can experience this Christmas season!

1. Rock City Garden's Enchanted Garden of Lights

Dates: November 18th - December 31st, 2016 (closed Christmas Eve night)

Times: 6:00 - 9:00 p.m., nightly

http://www.seerockcity.com/events/entry/enchanted-...

Rock City, located atop Lookout Mountain, is home to the award winning light extravaganza that showcases more than 30 holiday scenes and hundreds of thousands of LED lights that transform the gardens’ natural daytime splendor into a magical fantasyland. Aside from the Christmas lights, visitors can get their pictures made with Santa Claus, decorate gingerbread cookies, drink hot cocoa, and light to nightly music entertainments.

2. Ice on the Landing

Dates: November 18th, 2016 - January 16th, 2017

Times: Daily times vary

http://www.iceonthelanding.com/locationhoursticket...

Ice on the Landing, located at the Chattanooga Choo Choo Gardens this year, all ages are now able to experience a classic winter tradition - outdoor ice skating - with a temporary outdoor ice rink.

3. Ruby Falls' Christmas Underground

Dates: December 1st - 18th, 2016 (Thursday - Sunday); December 19th - 23rd, 2016 (Daily)

Times: 12:00 - 8:00 p.m. (Closed Christmas Day)

http://www.rubyfalls.com/ruby-falls-christmas-unde...

Ruby Falls’ Christmas Underground offers a magical holiday adventure for the whole family.Visitors can explore the cave for the magical “Joystone" and walk through a secret underground ice cave that that leads straight to Santa at the North Pole. Additionally, visitors can see the Northern Lights, check out the Sugar Plum Fairy Village, and even take a horse and carriage ride.

4. Christmas Holiday Market

Dates: December 3rd - 4th; December 10th - 11th; December 17th - 18th, 2016.

Times: 10:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m.

http://chattanooga.events/calendar/?action=tribe_p...

The Chattanooga Holiday Market, located in the Chattanooga Trade and Convention, offers a special holiday theme with live music, caroling, festivities, and so much more! With more than 200 vendors, the Chattanooga market offers providing a great assortment of unique, locally hand-made items, holiday décor and artisan foods for all those holiday gifts.

5. The Nutcracker by Chattanooga Ballet

Dates: December 9th - 11th, 2016

Times: 2:00 - 4: 00 p.m.

http://chattanoogaballet.net

The Chattanooga Ballet presents Tchaikovsky's musical masterpiece The Nutcracker staged with music from the Chattanooga Symphony Orchestra held at the historic Tivoli Theater.

6. PJs and The Polar Express at the IMAX Theater

Dates: December 17th - 18th, 2016

Times: 9:30 - 11:45 a.m.

http://www.tnaqua.org/events-programs

All aboard! Visitors can take an extraordinary ride on The Polar Express to the North Pole.Comes dressed in your favorite pajamas and enjoy a special screening of The Polar Express. This is your chance to meet the Conductor, sip hot cocoa, and enjoy brunch muffins before the movie.

7. Chattanooga Zoo's Holiday Lights

Dates: December 2nd - 4th; December 9th - 11th, 2016.

Times: 5:30 - 8:00 p.m.

http://www.chattzoo.org

The Chattanooga Zoo is transformed into a magical wonderland where you can view hundreds of lights, visit the animals and watch them open their Christmas presents, and get your picture taken with Santa.

8. EPB Holiday Windows and Lights

Dates: November 27th, 2016 - January 2nd, 2017

A holiday tradition for over 60 years, the EPB Holiday Windows feature seven windows, facing Market and Broad Streets, and will feature sceneries that portray fellowship, family and commitment to the community. The holiday windows will feature moving characters, dozens of Christmas trees and thousands of energy efficient LED lights.