8 Essential Poems by Edgar Allan Poe

8 Essential Poems by Edgar Allan Poe

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."

573
We Shape Life

Edgar Allan Poe is by far my favorite author, and has been since about the 7th grade. When my parents gave me his complete works for Christmas one year, I carried it with me everywhere and never let anyone else touch it because it meant so much to me. The other day, I was looking through it and saw all the poems I had marked with post-its. These poems are the ones I had deemed my favorites a couple of years ago, and looking back at them, that decision still stands. I managed to whittle the list down to eight (otherwise we'd be here all day).

1. Romance

2. Enigma

3. The Raven

4. The Bells

5. Annabel Lee

6. Sonnet - To My Mother

7. A Dream Within A Dream

8. Sonnet - To Science

There you have it — eight poems by Edgar Allan Poe that I deem essential. Keep in mind that not all of these photos include the entirety of each poem, so I encourage you to look them up. Who knows? Maybe Edgar Allan Poe will become your new favorite author.