8 Country Songs That Even Non-Country Fans Can Relate To

Whether you love it or you hate it, country music sums up life perfectly.

570
Spyder Wallpapers

Country music is becoming more and more popular. Personally, I love it. But for those of you that don't, I'm sure you think it's just a bunch of rednecks singing about getting drunk, being in love, or dealing with breakups. Isn't that what most music is about? Whether you are a country fan or not, here are 8 instances when country music has summed up life perfectly.

1. You Should Be Here – Cole Swindell

“It’s one of those moments that’s got your name written all over it

And you know that if I had just one wish it’d be that you didn’t have to miss this…

You should be here”

We all have those moments when we think of the loved ones we've lost, knowing how proud they would be of us, and wishing we could hug them and tell them how much we love them.

2. Humble and Kind – Tim McGraw

“Hold the door, say ‘please,’ say ‘thank you’

Don’t steal, don’t cheat, don’t lie

I know you’ve got mountains to climb

But always stay humble and kind.”

Tim McGraw tells his listeners: go to church if your mother says to, visit your grandparents, don't hold grudges or take anything for granted, let yourself feel pride... but always stay humble and kind. It's about having values in life, and remaining respectful through it all.

3. Die a Happy Man – Thomas Rhett

“If I never get to build my mansion in Georgia

Or drive a sports car up the coast of California

Oh, if all I got is your hand in my hand

Baby, I could die a happy man”

Rhett captures the essence of love in this one. It doesn't matter how big your house is, what kind of car you drive, or where you go on vacation. If you find your one true love and the two of you spend life together, you will live happily.

4. She’s Got a Way With Words – Blake Shelton

“She put the her in hurt,

She put the why in try

She put the S.O.B. in sober

She put the hang in hangover

She put the ex in sex

She put the low in blow

She put a big F.U. in my future

Yeah she’s got a way,

She’s got a way with words."

The complete opposite of the previous song, these lyrics just go to show how hard a breakup can be. In this case, it's about the divorce between Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert. As you can see, they went through a lot and it didn't end well.

5. Different for Girls – Dierks Bentley featuring Elle King

“When the going gets tough, yeah, the guys they can just act tough.

It’s different for girls when their hearts get broke…

They can’t just switch it off every time they feel something”

Life is different for girls. Most of us have a hard time hiding our emotions, and as this song says, we can't just tape a broken heart back together with a whiskey and coke.

6. Wasted Time – Keith Urban

“When I think about those summer nights

Sneaking out the window, running back roads, your hand in mine

We were going nowhere, we were so alive

Uh huh, ain’t it crazy how the best days of my life

Was all that wasted time, all that wasted time?”

They say you should enjoy the little things in life because one day they'll turn out to be the big things. I find this to be very true. My favorite thing to do in the summer is ride around back roads with the windows down and music up. It turns out that all of the "wasted time," spur-of-the-moment adventures really end up making the best memories.

7. House Party – Sam Hunt

“We’ll have a house party, we don’t need nobody

Turn your TV off, break the boom-box out

We’ll wake up all the neighbors, ‘til the whole block hates us

And the cops show up and try to shut us down”

I think we all have those Friday nights when we don't feel like doing anything. That's the perfect opportunity to stay in and still have a good time. No need to get dressed up. Just have a few people over, listen to music, and enjoy each other's company. This song captures all of that, and if you need motivation to get off the couch, here it is.

8. You’re Gonna Miss This – Trace Atkins

“You’re gonna miss this

You’re gonna want this back

You’re gonna wish these days hadn’t gone by so fast

These are some good times

So take a look around

You may not know it

But you’re gonna miss this.”

The song starts out talking about a girl who can't wait to turn 18, make her own money and her own rules. Then she's married, talking about making babies and buying a house, and all of a sudden she's all grown up and misses being a kid. What should be taken from this song is to enjoy every moment. People my age can't wait to get out of their hometown and move on with their life, but before long they will be missing it like crazy.

So whether I've turned you into a country fan or not, I recommended that you listen to these songs. Really try to hear what the lyrics are saying and think about their meaning. You might end up liking country music more than you think.