8 Christmas Gifts: The Heartfelt Recipe

8 Christmas Gifts: The Heartfelt Recipe

Forget about the generic gift cards and go the extra mile this holiday season.

26
8 Christmas Gifts: The Heartfelt Recipe
www.artoteka.it

We’ve all been stumped before when it comes to the annual Christmas challenge of gift-giving. Yeah, that’s not what Christmas is all about, but it’s still a big part of the holiday season spirit. Playing into that festive tradition, it can be hard sometimes to know exactly what to get someone. You want to make it heartfelt, you don’t want to break the bank, and you’re on a serious time crunch, because we all know life can get busy. So what do you do? Well, before you get that deer-in-headlights, paralyzing fear look in your eyes, consider your options: a) freak out, mental breakdown and all, b) call your mom, because let’s face it, she always knows best, or c) take a look at some of these grand gift ideas you can handle this holiday season. It’s up to you. The ball is in your court.

1. Anything Picture-Inspired

Pictures are the one way we can capture our memories without letting them fade away to the crammed corners of our busy minds. From stitching together collages, to decorating picture frames, to crafting colorful Shutterfly books, pictures are the go-to present this holiday season. Easy, simple, creative, and thoughtful. Inarguably the perfect gift.

2. Baked Goods

If you’re too broke to buy anything else, use this motto: when in doubt, bake it out. No one can be mad at you for making an abundance of chocolate chip goodness that fills the stomach and warms the heart. It’s really a delicious treat, so don’t count out this underdog gift!

3. Personal Quote DIYs

With the ba-gillions of quotes floating around out there on the great thing we call the world wide web, there’s bound to be one that fits the personality of the person you are gift-giving to. If you can find just the right one, cover up your tracks and make an entire book or collage of a variety of quotes that you think fits that person. It’s not the perfect gift, but if you’re in a time crunch and still want to make it seem personalized, quotes are the way to go.

4. Boutique Shop Goodies

Browsing and bopping around the mall doesn’t quite do it anymore. Nothing jumps out at you and screams, “SHE WOULD LOVE THIS.” You feel defeated. You want to throw in the towel and accept you’ll never find the perfect gift. But this is exactly the moment when I say head to the boutiques. There is so much to discover out there in the world of small local businesses, and half the time it’s sitting right under your nose. So take my advice and look for that unique, perfectly special item that speaks to you. I’m telling you, boutiques are the place to be this Christmas season.

5. A Puppy

Unrealistic? No…okay, probably yes. But still, who wouldn’t want one to find of these innocently cute buggers under there tree Christmas morning? You would definitely get the award for best gift-giver of the century, hands down, and that’s a title we all envy.

6. Transportation Tickets To Pay A Visit

If you live far away from loved ones or friends, the holiday season is your chance to make the distance not seem so far away. Buying a pair of train/plane/bus tickets might seem like an expensive investment, but you’re buying time with your amigos and your day ones, not blowing every dollar you’ve ever saved. This is a sure-fire way to solidify a best friend/mom/son/brother/aunt award.

7. A Money Tree

Okay, if you’re gonna be stubborn and say you couldn’t think of anything better than a gift card, think again. We all love money (maybe for some of us, a little too much), right? This is a sad truth. But instead of pulling the generic $50 iTunes giftcard this year, think outside the box a little. Look up a YouTube video and do your best attempt at building a money tree/pyramid of some sort. Check out the link for some inspiration. It’s definitely not the gift that keeps on giving, but at least it’s better than that depressing gift card.

http://www.thedatingdivas.com/65-ways-to-give-mone...

8. Gifts From Your Travels

It can be hard to get creative with gifts sometimes, I get that. But one of the easiest things you can do if you live out of town from where you are going to celebrate Christmas is pick up something that represents the place. It might not seem special to you because you live and breathe in that city every second of the day, but for someone who doesn’t get the chance to see you that often or come visit, this kind of gift might hit the ball right out of the park.

Feeling a little less dazed and confused as far as what your next step is in the holiday craze of gift-giving? Just remember, if you can’t think of anything else, giving of yourself is one of the best ways to contribute to the Christmas season. You can make a difference—and not just through material gifts. Volunteering your time at local shelters or even just spending time with neighbors you haven’t heard from in a while are some of the best ways to celebrate the loving spirit this season brings.