Beyoncé has been one of the most talented artists in the music industry for years now. Her songs are catchy and her outfits are flashy, leaving people wanting more (you can’t tell me you don’t know all the words to at least one Bey song). But if you look closer at her lyrics and the messages they send, you see that she’s so much more than a pretty face with a good voice- she’s confident, she promotes female empowerment, and she’s all for doing whatever you need to do to be the best. All girls need to feel a little bit like Bey sometimes, and who's better to get advice from than the queen herself? Here are eight of her best quotes (accompanied with some fabulous gifs) to get you motivated.
- “Do what you were born to do. You just have to trust yourself.”
- “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.”
- “I don’t have to prove anything to anyone, I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world. I run my world.”
- “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.”
- “The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence.”
- “A true diva is graceful, and talented, and strong, and fearless and brave and someone with humility.”
- “Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.”
- “I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.”
PSA: listening to any Beyoncé song is automatically a confidence booster as well. So get out there and work what you have, because confidence is all you need to get where you’re going.