70 Student Quotes to Awaken Your Thirst for New Knowledge

For better self-understanding and inspiration to dream high!

22

I bet you checked tons of motivational quotes for students. Not only do they encourage learning, but they also help young people understand the role of education in their lives.

Today's list is more about awakening your thirst for new knowledge. We learn all the time, not only in school or college. While there is also a place for motivation, inspiration, and fun, we've gathered a list of quotes for students to understand their dreams, goals, and future paths.

It's not as easy as it seems:

Why do you think students are ready to order essays online for admission officers before entering universities? It's an instrument for a committee and an applicant to understand who is who. Student quotes in this list do the same:

When reading it, you'll understand yourself and your learning path better. You'll get inspired to open new horizons, not be afraid of dreaming high, and accept failures as a step to success.

Enjoy!

The Quotes for Students on the Importance of Education

1. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” — B.B. King

2. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” — Malcolm X

3. “Teachers can open the door, but you must enter it yourself.” — Chinese proverb

4. “Learn as much as you can while you are young since life becomes too busy later.” — Dana Stewart Scott

5. “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” — Oprah Winfrey

6. “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy- I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” — Art Williams

7. “School is a building which has four walls with tomorrow inside.” — Lon Watters

8. “Never let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the game.” — Babe Ruth

9. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” — Zig Ziglar

10. “The expert in anything was once a beginner.” — Helen Hayes

11. “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.” — Andy McIntyre

12. “Education is not just about going to school and getting a degree. It's about widening your knowledge and absorbing the truth about life.” —Shakuntala Devi

13. The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows. —Sydney J. Harris

14. “Education doesn’t just make us smarter. It makes us whole.” — Jill Biden

15. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” — Aristotle

Motivational Quotes for Students

16. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” — Jim Ryun

17. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” — Abraham Lincoln

18. “Learn from yesterday. Live for today. Hope for tomorrow.” — Albert Einstein

19. “In a world where you can be anything, be kind.” — Jennifer Dukes Lee

20. “He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.” — Chinese Proverb

21. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” — Arthur Ashe

22. “A thousand-mile journey begins with a single step” — Chinese Proverb

23. “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” — George Bernard Shaw

24. “Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” — Kofi Annan

25. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” — Muhammad Ali

26. “I think it’s possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.” — Elon Musk

27. “Genius is 10% inspiration, 90% perspiration.” — Thomas Edison

28. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — A.A. Milne

29. “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” — Maya Angelou

30. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” — Martin Luther King Jr.

31. “Youth is the time to study wisdom; the old age, that of practicing it.” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

32. “If you put off everything till you’re sure of it, you’ll never get anything done.” — Norman Vincent Peale

33. “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” — Gail Devers

34. “Set tough goals and do not stop until you get there.” — Bo Jackson

35. “Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.” — Jim Rohn

36. “If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.” — Marty Mcfly from Back to the Future

Inspiring Quotes for Students

37. “When the student is ready, the master appears.” — Buddhist Proverb

38. “True education is about getting the best out of oneself.” — Unknown

39. “The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well.” — John D. Rockefeller

40. “Success doesn’t come to you, you’ve got to go to it.” — Marva Collins

41. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” — Walt Disney

42. “There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.” — Zig Ziglar

43. “Be a student as long as you still have something to learn, and this will mean all your life.” — Henry L. Doherty

44. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” — Michael John Bobak

45. “Begin while others are procrastinating. Work while others are wishing.” — William Arthur Ward

46. “I hear, and I forget. I see, and I remember. I do, and I understand.” — Chinese Proverb

47. “You don’t drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there.” — Ed Cole

48. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” — John Wooden

49. “Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.” — Minor Myers Jr.

50. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” — Michael Altshuler

51. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.” — Walt Whitman

52. “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, “I’m possible!” — Audrey Hepburn

53. “Wake up determined, and go to bed satisfied.” — Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson

54. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” — Aristotle

55. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt

56. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” — John Keating in Dead Poets Society

57. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. — Albert Einstein

58. “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” — Madonna

59. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one!” — Dolly Parton

60. “In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.” — Tom Bodett

Funny Student Quotes to Make You Smile

61. “I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.” — Winston Churchill

62. “The most important thing we learn at school is the fact that the most important things can’t be learned at school.” — Haruki Murakami

63. “A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad.” — Theodore Roosevelt

64. “True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country.” — Kurt Vonnegut

65. “Every class is drama class when you’re in high school.” — Timothy Bird

66. “I had a terrible education. I attended a school for emotionally disturbed teachers.” — Woody Allen

67. “Education can get you the only thing that really matters in today’s world—an assigned parking space.” — Gene Perret

68. “If you think your teachers are tough, wait ‘til you get a boss.” — Bill Gates

69. “People learn something every day, and a lot of times it’s that what they learned the day before was wrong.” —Bill Vaughan

70. “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” — Albert Einstein

Yours?

And what is your favorite student quote to encourage learning? Share in the comments on your social media with your followers.