7 Ways To Make The Most Of Your 2020 Summer If You Live In Cary, NC

Summer 2020 will be like no other summer before, mostly due to COVID-19, however, that doesn't mean that you should not try to make the most of it still!

Things may not be how you thought they would, as many plans have been canceled, but the only thing we can do is try and still make the summer a good one!

So I put together a list of 7 things that you can do to make the most of your 2020 summer.

1. Go to a drive in movie theater

There is a drive in movie theater in Henderson called the Raleigh Road Outdoor Theater, and while that is not exactly local, it is still not too far away.

Drive in movie theaters were popular 'back in the day' but many of them became obsolete as time moved forward. However, COVID-19 calls for social distancing and many regular movie theaters are closed because of that so this is a great way to catch a movie.

Plus you can get snacks still and you get 2 movies included with one ticket, so that is a great deal! To find out their showings look here on their Facebook. Also, they sometimes have cool events like overnight camping and just watching movies the whole night!

2. Have a picnic

If you are looking for a way to spice up lunch or dinner during quarantine this is a fun activity that you can do that doesn't cost much.

Depending on what parks are open, there are plenty of options to visit!

3. Visit Jordan Lake

COVID-19 has really pushed people to start hanging out side more and Jordan lake is a great place for this. You can do so many things there such as fishing (you will need a license though), kayaking, paddle boarding, swimming, and boating.

If you have a free day and are looking for a little Vitamin D then head on over to Jordan lake!

4. Go hiking 

There are so many places to hike in the area, such as Shelly lake, the Tobacco trail, the Greenway, and many more. If you are craving some time alone with nature then be sure to try and hike as many of these trails as you can this summer.

If you are looking to tackle some different trails outside of the area, Hanging Rock is also a great choice and can make a super fun day trip.

5.  Go camping 

Camping is really fun with your family or a small group of friends (just make sure everyone is practicing social distancing).

Camping will really allow you to take a break and forget for a bit about the craziness happening in the world around you so if you are looking for something fun that will also help you relax then get ready to pack your camping gear!

6. Volunteer 

Many places need volunteers right now and some of them don't even require you to be there in a facility in person, like fostering a dog. So if you have free time and are looking for something gratifying then look into some volunteering opportunities that are in something that interests you.

7. Try take out from a new local restaurant each week

Local businesses are still struggling so it is important that we all try and support them.

If you are looking to change things up, a fun way is to try a new place every week or every other week. You may just find your new favorite restaurant!