7 Ways To Get Through A Stressful School Week

Because, unfortunately, we can't just Netflix and nap until Friday.

2274
teaching.monster.com

Take one assignment at a time: This sounds comical because how else are you supposed to complete assignments? However, it is very easy to get caught up in how much you have to get done before the end of the week. Instead of thinking about the busy week as a whole, take the week one assignment at a time. Once you complete an assignment, give yourself a pat on the back, mark it off your to-do list and prepare yourself for the next assignment.

Use your planner: Many people have planners but do not use them. However, keeping a planner during an especially busy week can be the best thing you can do for yourself. Often during times of stress, people can forget deadlines and due dates. Not only does a planner remind you of due dates, it also keeps you motivated. Each day, make a to-do list for yourself and divvy up your tasks. There is no better feeling that checking off all the activities you must complete that day and heading into the next day on a good note.

Drink coffee: This tip really explains itself. Never take coffee for granted…DRINK IT! You’d be surprised at how motivated you become after a single cup of coffee. However, drink coffee wisely and don’t exceed your limit because there is a fine line between productive and hyper.

Enjoy time with your friends/roomies: Busy weeks can impact people’s lives in many ways, including decreasing time spent with friends and roomies. However, it is important to take periodic homework breaks to spend time with friends or catch up with your roommates. Time spent with friends is always time well spent and you will feel much better after spending time with them. No matter how busy your week is, schedule time with people who support you and make you happier.

Call your mom or dad: A great fix for stress is to make a call home to mom or dad. Your parents can be the most supportive people in your life—give them a call when you are feeling overwhelmed and can’t handle any more homework/studying. A parent's support and love can give you a boost of energy that you greatly need.

Hit the gym: As hard as getting to the gym can be, it can work wonders for your level of productivity. If you find yourself feeling tired and sluggish, head to the gym and get a good workout in. At first it may feel like a punishment but as soon as you leave, you’ll feel recharged and far more energized.

Don’t be too hard on yourself: Don’t get down on yourself and always remind yourself that you are doing the best you can. Didn’t do well on the test you studied all night for? Don’t let it get you down because in the grand scheme of things, it is not a big deal. The best thing you can do is carry on with your week and continue to try your best.