7 Ways To Live A Healthier Lifestyle

7 Ways To Live A Healthier Lifestyle

No, this article isn't an ode to juice cleanses.

116
https://unsplash.com/photos/GpVak9-cL6E

In order to live a healthier lifestyle, a person must actively make a choice. Many choices, actually.

It starts when you wake up in the morning.

Sometimes, you may wake up in an especially happy mood, but other days, you may wake up on the wrong side of the bed. It is then that you must make a choice about your attitude, which will affect you for the rest of the day.

Next, you choose what you want to eat for breakfast. Do I want that blueberry muffin, or a bowl of fruit and yogurt instead?

After that, you officially start the day. Do I want to walk or drive to class? Should I take the elevator or the stairs at work?

Then, when the day is done you can come home, change into sweatpants, take off your makeup, and wash your face. Or not.

These are some of the daily decisions we all make.

Our lifestyles are comprised of all these little choices.

If you constantly find yourself wanting to change your lifestyle and wanting to become healthy, try changing your choices.

Without further adieu, here are 7 simple ways to help you start living that healthy lifestyle:

1. Your Mindset is Everything.

Your mindset is a collection of your attitudes. Your attitude towards people, your attitude towards certain beliefs, and your attitude towards yourself. Do you tend to see the best in people? Or do you always expect the worst? Most importantly, do you believe in yourself? Practice turning negatives into positives every chance you get.

2. Stretch Daily.

It's easy to skip this one, as it's such a small step. However, stretching every morning can help to jump start your energy levels and improve your circulation. It can even help prevent aches throughout the day, help prevent injuries, and help your posture. There are countless benefits for such a quick and easy activity.

3. Nourish Your Body.

While we all know that sweets are fine in moderation, make sure you fuel your body with protein, fruits, vegetables, and most importantly, water. Get less sweetener in your coffee. Buy skim milk. Eat wheat bread instead of white bread. Make little changes here and there and the rest will come easily.

4. Get a Move On.

Walk to class. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Stop taking Ubers everywhere. These small changes can help you form good habits in the long run.

5. Develop a Skincare Routine.

We're all guilty of occasionally sleeping in our makeup, but doing so every night will not do your skin any favors! Develop a routine that works for you. Whatever it may be, really take the time to care for your face. Moisturize, exfoliate, use masks once a week, etc.

6. Prioritize Your Relationships.

Sometimes, the best medicine is a little laughter. This is why having just a few close friends or family members is so important. You don't want all of your happiness to depend on one person, but our significant other and friends really know how to cheer us up better than anything. Despite how hectic life gets, don't shut your loved ones out.

7. Give Yourself Time to Breathe. 

Lastly, give yourself time to breathe. You can follow all of these steps, but unless you have a good, clear headspace, how will you reach your potential?