7 Verses for the Hurting Heart

7 Verses for the Hurting Heart

A letter to the brokenhearted

20
7 Verses for the Hurting Heart
lifebeyondheartbreak

To the brokenhearted;

I recently read an article that talked about God giving us more than we can handle. I found this excerpt from the article to be so true. It says, “Will God give you more than you can handle? Yes. There will come a day that God will give you more than you can handle. I can absolutely guarantee it. Life is hard, it’s scary, it’s lonely, it’s confusing, it’s dark, and there will be times that it’s more than you could ever possibly deal with alone. But you know what? This is the beautiful thing about it. God doesn’t expect you to do it alone.” Truer words concerning this subject have never been written or said to me than these. It’s so beautiful and comforting when you have that moment where you realize that you are NEVER alone. However, if you need further reassurance, if you need greater comfort; much like I did when I read this article, here are 7 verses to help a hurting heart.

Romans 12:12 & 14-16 – “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and constant in prayer. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another."

Psalm 27:13 & 14 – “I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”

John 16:33 – “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Psalm 34:18 & 19 – “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.”

Psalm 73:26 – “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

Matthew 21:22 – “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”

2 Corinthians 12:9 & 10 – “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

Please trust me when I tell you, I know so very well what it’s like to feel alone and broken. My hope and my prayer is that the person reading this article finds something they can use as a rock, finds hope, and finds peace. I pray that God heals your heart and brings people that will lead you and guide you towards him and will always show you the right direction to go. I have one last verse, Numbers 6:24-26, a prayer rather for the person currently reading this; “May the Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; may the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”

Sincerely,

A Healing Heart