7 Unfortunate Roommate Situations
Life Stages

7 Unfortunate Roommate Situations

Roommates can be weird. But sometimes it's just too far.

291
7 Unfortunate Roommate Situations
Allie Hopkins

Living with a roommate can go one of two ways.

Either you get a really great roommate that you can coexist with. Or one that just pushes your buttons too far 100% of the time. I got along with my roommate rather well. She was the ideal roommate really. The weirdest thing she ever did was lay in the middle of the floor, splayed out, while listening to music. (See picture above. Miss you Marissa!) I am one of the fortunate ones. Others however, were not.

The Bully

"My roommate told a guy I had a thing with that she used to bully people in school... I was out of there by the end of the week."

The Irresponsible

"My roommate made it a point to tell me no drugs and alcohol in our room, which was okay with me. But then she decided to smoke dabs with her boyfriend in our room and get our room raided the night before I left for winter break. She also lost her key constantly and got the locks changed. She let random people sleep on our floor without letting me know!"

The Inconsiderate

"My roommate let random people get drunk and sleep in my bed when I wasn't there without asking. I found random socks in my bed because of it."

The Thief

"One night I was already up in my bed working on a paper and my roommate comes bursting through the door drunk and on the phone with someone. She comes in stumbling over anything that was on the floor. I don't know if she didn't know I was home, but she went over on my side of the room and started looking through my desk under my bed. I can see her. She tells whoever she's on the phone with that I have nice makeup and jewelry and that she has been taking my things. I called her out and she claimed she was just borrowing. I never got my stuff back."

The Relative

"My grandparents."

The Hypocrite

"My roommate used to unplug my electronics because she wanted to 'conserve energy' but would never unplug her own."

The Crazy

"Right before I'd come into the room, I'd sometimes hear my roommate talking. I figured he was on the phone because when I came in he had his phone in his hand. But one night he thought I was sleeping and I heard him whispering. I looked over, pretending to be asleep, and he was staring into the mirror. He was talking like he was having a conversation with someone that wasn't there. I futon hopped for the rest of the semester."