7 Thoughts College Students Have During Summer

We just want a vacation.

13
Aspen Chamber

Summer is the time for relaxing on the beach, going on vacation and having no worries...if you're not a college student that is. We spend our summers taking classes, working summer jobs at non-paid internships, and worrying about if all of our summers are going to be this busy for the rest of our lives. Yes, we know it gets easier, but right now us college kids just want a vacation. Here's some thoughts all students have in summer:

1. I'll have so much free time!

But not actually. Just because you don't have any classes doesn't mean you won't have things to do. Your summer job or internship will keep you so busy that you'll be wishing you were back at college.

2. Taking summer classes was an awful idea.

You signed up for summer classes thinking it would be a great way to get ahead in your curriculum, but cramming 16 weeks of lessons into seven weeks is a lot more work than you thought. Almost all of your free time is spent reading textbooks and you find yourself wishing you were ten years old and loving summer like you used to.

3. I'm going to work out all the time.

You had every intention of waking up early and working out every day. In reality, you spend more time sitting on the couch than actually working out. You ditch the early morning workouts for staying out late and sleeping in. But you'll remind yourself to really start hitting the gym in the fall.

4. Why is it so hot outside?!

The hot weather of summer isn't so fun if you aren't wearing a bathing suit on the beach. Instead, you're stuck wearing suits and work clothes for your summer internship. You long for the days of spring when you didn't sweat the second you stepped outside and you could still wear t-shirts and sweatpants everywhere you went.

5. I. Am. So. Bored.

You thought your summer would be filled with beach trips and sippin' on margs with friends, but instead it's filled with working, taking classes, and whatever else is taking up your time. All of your friends are busy too, and sometimes it's not easy to see each other between your crazy schedules, but you manage to make it work.

6. What can I binge-watch on Netflix?

No matter how busy you may end up being in the summer, you always manage to find time to watch a new show on Netflix. You've watched all the popular shows already, so it's time to poll all your friends on social media and ask about the best shows to watch.

7. I miss all my college friends!

You truly find your best friends at college and it's almost unbearable when you are separated from them in the summer. You wish they were with you during the summer because they would make everything more fun! You are constantly counting down the days until you are reunited with them again, but for now you just have to settle with spending hours on the phone.