7 things you've missed out on
Life Stages

7 things You've Missed

It's been a year and I miss you

10
7 things You've Missed

Often people enter our lives and change everything before they leave. They make your life better or worse, but regardless your life is different. You learn from these people and alter because of them. That's what I did because of you, this is my letter to you.

For the sake of this person, I plan to use his cheesy nick name instead of his real name.

In 2011, I sent you a message on Facebook saying how weird I maybe, but I think we were friends in the 2nd grade. As we continued to talk, we reminisced and talked about how we would always have our deep childhood talks in a tunnel. As the years have passed for us, we became closer. We went to school dances together, went to college our freshman year together and wrote to each other while you were at bootcamp. I messaged you in Germany and snapchatted you in Iraq. Through the years we attempted to be more but, in the end, we were always just best friends.

A year ago, in May I sent you Happy Birthday and you said thanks. That's the last time I heard from you. I know you changed your number and blocked most people from your old life out. Truthfully, I fear I'm blocked as well, and I know you deleted social media so there's no way for you to ever see this. But here are the 7 things you missed out on in my life in the last year, because my best friend, my Hammy or Hammer would want to know.

• 1.My grandfather passed away. I know you would have held me as I cried and told me I was going to be okay.
  • 2.Two students I've worked with killed themselves in March. I'm sure you heard because it was on the news, they did 8 days apart. You would have let me cry to you about it because you know I hate to bother people with my emotions.
  • 3.It's been a year since Nick passed away. I really miss him, and I wish you were here to feel that with me. It hurts that you left after that happened, because we were so close so you know how bad that hurts me.
  • 4.I met someone. You knew that but it's been a year and things are going so well. I love him and just want you to know.
  • 5.I met Jason Momoa. That's just exciting and I wanted to tell you.
  • 6.I made it into Teacher Education at school finally. I know you would have taken me to Olive Garden to celebrate, even though you hate it because you worked there.
  • 7.I'm taking some students to Mexico in June. I'm so scared but I know you would be rooting me on and asking all about it. I know you wanted to go sometime, maybe not now but you did.

I know you may not care about all these things anymore. I hear you're engaged but, you told me you weren't ready. But, that's okay. Just know I miss you and if I could get this to you I would. Hammy, I'll always be ready for a deep talk in our tunnel. My social media and phone number are the same. Please don't forget about someone like me.