7 Things That Never Translate Well Over Text

Don't hide behind a screen.

245

Whether we want to admit it or not, we’re all somewhat addicted to our phones. Texting and social media have taken over our generation. Because of this, sometimes we don’t have certain conversations in person. Much of what should be in person gets replaced over texts, and it shouldn’t.

Here are seven things that NEVER translate well through text message.

1. Sarcasm

Things can easily get misconstrued over text when we're being sarcastic. It's different in person because obviously, you can hear someone's tone of voice. But over text with no tone to back it up, it's an easy way to come off as rude.

2. Breaking up

Honestly, you'd think this would be a no-brainer. However, a lot of people take the easy way out by dumping someone over text. Man up and say what you feel in person. Respect whoever you are with enough to break up with them in person.

3. Arguments

Trying to solve a conflict with someone over text can get really nasty really quickly. People tend to say things over text that they would never say in person, leading to just making things worse.

4. Talking about your feelings

Any deep conversation is just better in person. If someone hurts you and you want to let them know, it just comes off better. Don't hide behind a screen.

5. Apologies

If you really want to apologize to someone for anything, a text is one of the most insincere ways to do so. It means that much more just to say sorry in person.

6. Trying to make plans

Anyone who has ever tried to make plans in a group chat knows this to be true. Save yourself the headache and just talk to people.

7. Secrets

We like to think we can trust people, but if something gets put in writing over text, make sure it's something you wouldn't care if someone else saw it.