7 Things That Happen In The Mid-Semester Slumps

This is definitely something we all face in the middle of the semester.

101
Pxhere

It's that time of the semester where you just came back from break and all that stress is back. There's so much that needs to be done and you have no idea where to start.

1. Your workload somehow becomes endless.

I just came back from break and before I knew it, I was writing an essay, studying for a midterm, and studying for multiple quizzes when I got back. And everyone else I knew was on the same boat as me—there were some serious study parties at the library.

2. You are tired of food.

No, you’re not tired of eating but you’re tired of the food that you’re surrounded by (AKA dining hall food). You crave specific things from back home even though there is no way you’re going to get it right now.

3. You cope with your troubles with sleep.

It becomes a real problem when you schedule your naps, but you also nap when you aren’t supposed to.

4. Your room looks like a tornado hit it.

It’s funny how my room is so messy when I haven’t even been in it. And there is absolutely no time to clean it so I just sleep in the mess.

5. You give into retail therapy.

You feel the need to buy everything and don’t think about the fact that the money in your bank account is not unlimited.

6. You are stressing all the time.

There are so many things to do and so little time. In fact, there isn’t even time to stress because you can’t afford to waste a minute.

7. You want to go home and forget all your worries.

I wish I could click my heels 3 times and be back home where I can forget all my worries.

We're going to get through this. Right?