7 Things To Remember During The School Year

School Is No Fun, But It Can Be A Little Better If You Remember These Tips

220
ccfa.org

While we are all in school, whether that's college, high school, or middle school, there's a few things everyone needs to keep in mind during the school year!

1.) Don't Procrastinate

If you say that you aren't a procrastinator, you're lying. Everyone has a little bit of procrastinator in them. Yea sure, coming home after volleyball practice and taking a nap may sound better than doing your homework, but I suggest you go on and do that homework instead of taking a nap or laying in bed watching Netflix. The sooner that you get your homework done, the sooner you can go to sleep or hang out with friends. Putting off writing that research paper seems great until it's two hours before it's due and you still haven't written it. Trust me, getting all of your work done as soon as possible leaves you feeling unburdened, until the next day that is.

2.) Always Be Prepared!!

While this one may seem like a no brainer, being prepared is sometimes just as hard as not procrastinating. Always make sure that you have the right books and supplies before leaving your house or dorm. Nobody, especially teachers, likes an unprepared person. It's also not very fun being the person that always has to lend you the supplies that you forgot for that class.

3.) Stay Away From the Drama

In high school, drama is something that is very hard to escape from. One way to try and ignore the drama is by avoiding the people who cause the it. There's always that one group of girls who thinks they run the whole school, and whoever thinks otherwise gets talked about. Drama is not fun to deal with and only distracts you from what's really important: your grades. If you're the person who likes to cause the drama at your school, then stop it. Nobody likes that person.

4.) Keep An Open Mind

In high school, you are introduced to many different opinions and perspectives. It's important to keep an open mind to these things because you'll never grow as a person if you do not. Even if someone does have an opinion totally the opposite of yours, just accept it because not everybody is going to have the same opinion.

5.) Always Get Your Quality Alone Time

In the midst of all the social opportunities and friends, we often forge to tend to ourselves. You don't always need to have someone with you when you're out in public. Take some alone time and just put your mind at ease. If you care too much about people judging you because you're sitting by yourself, then go outside your comfort zone and do it anyways. It's the perfect opportunity to get any studying or homework done and to think about yourself.

6.) Dress in some comfy clothing

College kids already they have this skill mastered, but that is a totally different story in high school. In high school everyone is trying to out do everyone, especially in clothes. Forget the skin tight dresses and shirts that you can't eat anything in because it'll make you look bloated. Go out and get you some comfy and flowy t-shirt dresses and hoodies. Being in uncomfortable clothing makes for an uncomfortable day and takes your focus away from your school work and sometimes even lowers your self esteem.

7.) Stay Positive!!

Instead of freaking out about how you failed your test and how you're parents are going to kill you, look for something positive in this. Maybe this shows that you need a better study method or what you need to study more of. Yea, your parents may be upset, but just remember that one test isn't going to define who you are.