7 Things Some Redheads Want You To Know

7 Things Some Redheads Want You To Know

May your coffee be strong, your Monday short, and your red hair fabulous!

58
Original Image

1. Not all redheads are pale.

Yes, I understand the majority are, however let’s be open- minded to the fact not all are. As shocking as it is when I go on vacation to the beach I do in fact get a tan and am more than capable of being out in the sunlight.

2. Freckles are also extremely common, however not all redheads have freckles.

Every redhead is different and every hair color is entitled to have some freckles. Not just red. Every person is entitled to be different than the norm.

3. Another misconception about redheads is that we all have bad tempers.

Let’s be real here folks, can’t we all get a little mad sometimes? The color red does symbolize danger and passion, so this is where people have came up with this stereotype. Therefore, most assume that fiery red hair leads to a fiery personality.Some choose to own that reputation, while others really do not care. Don't confuse our drive and motivation for being short tempered.

4. "Gingers do not have souls.”

If I’m being honest, I have never really understood this one. I have heard the saying, “Every freckle on a redhead represents a soul they have stolen.” Again, what if you do not have freckles? Totally, totally misunderstood.

5. When you were younger and I’m talking pre- Frozen, you always picked Princess Ariel as your favorite Disney princess.

Your blonde or brunette friends could not pick her because let’s be real you definitely had to be Ariel because you had real red hair and you made that very clear to them.

6. I know it is probably a lot easier for you to remember me by my hair color, but I do in fact have a name.

Of course, I am proud of my hair color and I am happy that is what makes me stand out to you. It’s just my name is not ginger, red, carrot top, etc. Don’t get me wrong here, most of my friends call me ginger, but if you don’t really know me I would definitely prefer you learned my name first.

7. The redhead in your life will always hold a special place in your heart.

Whether they have a fiery personality, no freckles, freckles, tan, or burn to a crisp they are unlike anyone you know. They posses unique qualities that make them one of a kind. At the end of the day every person needs a redhead in their life.