7 Things I Hate About Dorm Life

7 Things I Hate About Dorm Life

"It almost seems like the people that live in the dorm halls have never lived near another human being before."

1102
7 Things I Hate About Dorm Life
Flickr

In college, one of the major parts for people that don't commute is dorm life. From what people have said in the past, you either love it or hate it. I am very much one of those people that hate most of dorm life. I am very introverted, which already poses a conflict when living with other people, and my major doesn't help my case. Here are some things that suck about living in dorms.

1.The noise

The noise is possibly the worst part. It almost seems like the people that live in the dorm halls have never lived near another human being before. It's more tolerable when you blast awful music in the middle of the day, but it's more annoying when a witch cackle resonates in the halls past midnight.

2. The food constriction

It helps to have a microwave like I do this year, but when I was a freshman and didn't have a microwave to easily access or really any space to store food, you have to rely on the cafeteria food which messes with most people's bodies.

3. The water constriction

If you don't have the ability to run to the store for bottled water and also don't feel like sticking a cup under the communal bathroom faucet, you have to resort to finding a faucet on campus, which can be hard.

4. The people

Okay, this is a problem for me because of how introverted I am. It kind of ties in with the noise, but it's a subject that needs to be stressed. People leave their trash all over the place, scream in the halls, blare music at midnight, and so on and so forth; people are annoying.

5. The laundry

If you don't live close to home, you have two laundry options. Waiting for your next break to take all of your laundry home, or paying $3.00 every time you need to wash clothes. Also, there's no guarantee that they'll dry in one go.

6. Manners

The cat calling, the awkward comments, the loud noise, the trash, the "ding dong ditch" that people think is fun to play, it's not, it's annoying.

7. Conflicting personalities

I'm an INTJ, I'm very introverted and very, very judging. A lot of people that live around me are either very extroverted or just make very bad decisions, it's hard to keep your mouth shut a lot of the time.