7 Things Everyone In A Long Distance Relationship Should Remember

It's possible, and it will get easier. Just keep these in mind.

16

Being in a long distance relationship in college can be difficult. And I'm still learning how to overcome some of the challenges of being with someone who lives in a different state. However, I've also become more aware that I'm not alone and there are many people in a similar situation. Here are some important things all of us who are lucky enough to have a long distance love should remember:

1. Communication is key and texting will become your new best friend.

2. Don’t be upset if there are days when you don’t have each other’s full attention.

You both have lives and are busy people. But when you do hear from them, they're sure to make you smile and your day gets a little better.

3. Trust one another.

This is huge and the only way things will work. It doesn’t make much sense to be sitting around worrying if he’s off with someone else. You shouldn’t have to question each other’s commitment.

4. There will probably be days that are more challenging than others.

And when the thought of them not being there with you feels unbearable, it’s okay to listen to your sappiest playlist. Missing someone is not a bad thing, just don’t let being sad consume your everyday life.

5. Technology is there for you.

Besides texting, it is important to hear each other's voice. And it is possible to have a conversation face to face, through a screen of course. But still, you will want to talk to each other even if it's not in person.

6. When you get the chance to spend time together, cherish every moment and don't take any second for granted.

7. It might seem hard now, but it will get easier.

The beginning of a long distance relationship can be tough. But don’t give up. If you truly care for each other, things will work out.