7 Things Every Accounting Major Does During Summer

Please no more debits and credits

70

Though we do not all meet the stereotypical definition of an accountant, we are all similar in many ways. We are good with numbers and simple math, we appreciate organization and structure, and we love our calculators more than anything else. Though school ends and summer begins, our work does not come to an end. No matter how hard we try, accounting is our life both in and out of the classroom.

Here are 7 things that every accounting major does during summer:

1. You make excel spreadsheets just for fun, mostly to see how much you can spend and still have money left over for school

2. You are so used to wearing business casual for presentations and lectures that you tend to overdress even for the most casual events

3. You love a good planner. Nothing is better than having every class, assignment, and appointment written down and color-coordinating each day

4. You try staying up to date on all business current events now because you know your professors like students that watch the news

5. All you can think about is how much you need an internship if you ever want a career

6. Whenever you go shopping, you do not allow yourself to pay full price for anything; there are always sales and coupons that can be applied

7. You are the person who can always figure out the check and the tip when you go out to eat