7 Overdue Thank-Yous You Owe To The Best Roomie Ever

Thanks for listening to my TED talks at 2 a.m.

583

To my roommate,

There aren't enough thank-yous I could ever say to you. I know I say thank you a lot to you, but I hope you truly know how incredibly thankful I am for you. How lucky am I that I get to live with my best friend? I am forever grateful for a friend and roommate like you. Not many people can put up with me, let alone live with me.

1. Thank you for being my therapist.

You always listen to what I have to say even though I've already talked about the same issue 100 times. You still sit there and let me talk and offer your best advice. Most people would've told me to shut up by now, but not you.

2. Thank you for being the best person to go to parties with.

Whether it be a night at the bars, a frat or some house party you always make it better. You've helped me out of situations I didn't want to be in, encouraged me to go talk to that guy I think is cute, been my personal hype man and always knew when enough was enough. You always make everything more fun and are always encouraging me to dance. I think you're the only person who understands how much I love to dance.

3. Thank you for binge-watching shows with me.

I don't think anyone else would stay up until 3 am a couple times a week to watch the gameshow network with me. I always like watching new shows with you or re-watching ones we've already seen multiple times. Thanks for liking the same shows as me. Not many people enjoy watching Family Feud for 5 hours at a time.

4. Thank you for picking me up when I am down.

You have seen me at my best and my worse. You are there for me when I am thriving. You've encouraged me to be my best, always believing in me when I didn't believe in myself. But, you have also seen me at my worse. You've let me cry on you while you hugged me. You brought tissues to me when I was sobbing because the boy I loved, didn't want to be together anymore. You never forced me to talk about it, but you always told me that you were here for me when I was ready. And when I was ready to talk, you sat and listened and let me continue to cry and cry.

5. Thank you for being the best sorority sister a girl could ask for.

I know that sometimes we complain about it, but I think it brings us closer. There is no one I rather go to swaps with.

6. Thank you for being the best big.

You have always looked out for me and had my best interest at heart.

7. In general, thank you for accepting me for me.

You have seen every side of me from me playing the same song on repeat for hours, giving TED talks to you at 2 am, from me crying and throwing stuff, to me yelling at the TV and from just me being me. When I look back on all my memories I have made in college, you're in all of them. There is no one I rather spend these next couple years with or live with. I am forever grateful for you my roommate and best friend.