7 Super Simple Pinterest Crafts

7 Super Simple Pinterest Crafts

Trust me when I say that you can make these.

20
7 Super Simple Pinterest Crafts
Providence Spirituality and Conference Center

Crafting is probably one of my favorite pastimes ever. The possibilities for creativity are endless. A great website, at least for me, to find inspiration is Pinterest. I have a board of almost 200 crafts and different artistic projects that I would love to make someday, but there are quite a few that I have made. Here's a list of some of my favorites:

1. Silhouette paintings

Not only are these super simple, but they look so fantastic. I made this one of Belle for my roommate, except with a red rose because everyone knows the rose in the movie is red, thank you. With many silhouette paintings, you can find a picture of your favorite character, print it out, trace it onto a canvas, and then paint away! Super simple.

2. Custom Cellphone Case

Again, another super easy project. All you need, as the picture shows, is scrapbooking paper, a clear case, and your cell phone! You can make a case in every color and pattern, all for really cheap. Now, your case can match your outfit!

3. Decorative Mugs

As long as you use a paint marker, you're golden when it comes to making your own decorative mug. Just go to the dollar store, buy a cheap and plain mug, draw whatever design you want (I did animal faces because they're just so cute), and pop them in the oven set at 425 degrees for thirty minutes. Make sure you allow twenty-four hours for the paint to dry and put the mugs into the oven before you even turn it on so they won't crack. Once the oven gets up to temp, shut it off and start your thirty-minute timer. Be super careful taking the mugs out, though, because they are extremely hot and will stay hot for quite some time. I learned this the hard way and burned my thumb pretty good.

4. Date Night Jar

Another super cute and super easy craft (notice a theme here?) Either paint plain popsicle sticks or buy already colored ones like I did, write cute little date ideas on each one, and throw them in a mason jar. This is a perfect gift idea for your significant other who is absolutely horrible at making decisions about what to do, like mine is. Needless to say, he loved it and I love it, too, because now I don't have to come up with ideas of what to do every single time.

5. "You are the..." Canvas

Okay, so this is probably the best gift I have ever made for my S.O. You need a canvas, preferably one that is raised (so, not the super cheap ones that are just flat), some scrapbooking paper, Modge Podge (or the off-brand because it works just the same), and a sharpie. Cut strips of scrapbooking paper and lay them on the canvas covered in the Modge Podge. After it has dried, grab a sharpie and write down these cute little sayings. Let the sharpie dry for a little, then cover the entire thing in Modge Podge to seal it all in. Tada! Super cute, super easy gift that is sure to make your loved one happy.

6. Monogram Canvas

As you can tell, I like to do a lot of crafts using a canvas. This one is a little bit different because you cover the canvas with a piece of fabric with a pattern you like, staple it on, then use hot glue to attach painted letters of your initials. That's it! I used wooden letters that were a little big and heavy, but with enough hot glue they'll stay on.

7. Glitter Light Switch Cover

Okay, so this is probably the simplest craft yet. You either take the light switch cover you already have on the wall or buy a new one if you live in an apartment or dorm, cover it in Modge Podge, sprinkle your favorite color of glitter all over, let it dry, slather on another coat of Modge Podge (and maybe another coat of glitter then more Modge Podge if the first layer didn't cover the entire cover), let that dry, and stick it over your light switch. Done. Now, you don't have a plain, boring light switch cover and it matches your room.

These are just a few of the many crafts I have done in the past, but I definitely plan on creating more in the near future! If you have created something you love and think I would like, send me the link on Pinterest @kokresik because I am always looking for more ideas! Craft on, lovelies!